Dueling? if we can call it that

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: Dueling? If we can call it that

Girls giggled as we waited to see what this club was about. There were rumours of it covering things we were supposed to learn in the class, then upper classes could help and assist - others believed it was a huge ploy.
Lockhart was strutting up the stage like it was a catwalk, he took off his side cloak and tossed it into the crowd where it was caught by Angelina, Katie and Sophie.
"Gather round! Gather round! Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me?"
"Neville" I whispered," Break my glasses."
Neville shakes his head," If I have to suffer, so do you."
"Excellent," Lockhart continued," In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Duelling Club, to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions - for full details, see my published works. Let me introduce my assistant Professor Snape. He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now I don't want any of you, youngsters, to worry. You'll still have your Potions master when I'm through with him, never fear!"
"What's the fun in that?" Ron asked and I snorted.
Seamus pointed at the two adults, "Like Lockhart really has a chance against Snape."

Snape looked bored, he really didn't want to be here, he probably got bribed to do this or Dumbledore asked him because all the other teachers had poor excuses like they had to go to the dentist or to the Wizo-mart for some avocado. 

As the two professors met in the middle, they put their wands in front of their faces before swishing them to their sides to bow to each other.
"As you can see, we are holding our wands in the accepted combative position. On the count of three, we will cast our first spells. Neither of us will be aiming to kill, of course."
The turned around and walked away from each other taking, ten steps away – stopping a few metres from the end of the table.
"One- two- three," Lockhart called opening his mouth again to recite a spell.
"Expelliarmus!" Snape stated calmly, stepping into the action.
Lockhart went flying back, landing heavily on his ass – his wand flying out of his hand and rolled off the table in front of us.
Hermione looked at him," Do you think he's all right?"
We all looked at her," Who cares?"
"Well, there you have it. That was a Disarming Charm. As you see, I've lost my wand." Lockhart said standing up looking around for where his wand might have fallen, Hermione bent down to pick up his wand and returned it to him with a smile.
"Ah, thank you, Miss Granger. Yes, an excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind my saying so, it was very obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop, you it would have been only too easy" Lockhart smirked at the failed demonstration of his magical prowess.

Snape looked at Lockhart, his expression never changing," Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, Professor."
"An excellent suggestion, Professor Snape. Let's have a volunteer pair. Potter, Weasley, how about you?" Lockhart said and Harry made his way to the steps as Ron just stood there.
"Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox. Might I suggest someone from my own house? Malfoy, perhaps." Snape said like it was an everyday event.

Isobel tapped me on the shoulder," This isn't going to end well is it?"
Hadleigh laughed," When does it ever end well with those two – so far this year because of them Ron threw up slugs for three hours and Malfoy broke his ribs, whatever could happen now?"
"One dies?" Padma questioned," It's only a matter of time and skill at this point."
Malfoy and Harry came face to face and copied Lockhart and Snape's movements, putting their wands to their faces before striking them down to their sides.
"Scared Potter?" Draco sneered, pointing his wand in Harry's direction.
"You wish." Harry resorted, with one arm in the air for balance.
Lockhart looked at the two with pride, "Wands at the ready boys! When I count to three, cast your charms to disarm your opponent - only to disarm. We don't want any unnecessary accidents. One, two-"
"Evertay statius " Malfoy yelled.
A yellow light pushed Harry off his feet, and he flipped horizontally three times before crashing down on to his side. Looking over at, Malfoy had a smug of expression on his face.
Harry had a quick recovery, aiming his wand at Malfoy." Rictusempra!"
The spell hit him in the stomach, the force tumbled him in the air forcing him at the feet of his disappointed Head of House.
"I said disarm only!" Lockhart yelled, shocked at the capability and hatred his students had.
Hadleigh raised her hand," We've never been taught how to block unfriendly spells, so they can't really do much but let the spells hit them."
Lockhart waved off her comment like it was nothing.
"Serpensortia!" Malfoy called and from the tip of his wand a black snake slithered forth and Snape was smirking with amusement.
Stepping away  from the table, Snape started to walk forwards with a new found ego about having to step in.
" Don't move, Potter. I'll get rid of it for you."
"Allow me!" Lockhart said pointing his wand at the snake," Alartay asendaly."
I looked at the boys who raised an eyebrow," Is he making these spells up cause they don't sound at all real."