Prologue

Hi, my name's Sam. I'm an apprentice photographer for RockSound magazine, and I'm a fan of anything heavy metal, but there's one band that mean more to me than my own life. That band is Of Mice & Men. I've been supporting Austin since his Attack Attack days back in '07, and when he left, the band, I was completely shattered. Of Mice & Men was formed months later and, I fell in love with the music that eventually saved my life multiple times, because I was bullied everyday at school.  And I thought that was bad. When I was 17, my whole life changed dramatically.

My Dad died.

Mum turned to drugs and alcohol to ease the pain, and ended up re-marrying only 3 months after my Dad's death. I would get bashed, verbally abused, and raped by that man, and all she did was stand there and laugh. That was when I lost all faith in everything. I delved into the un-escapable world of depression. I began to self-harm and starve myself.

That year, I dropped out of high-school and left my best friend, Leah, there wondering where I'd gone, and if I was still alive or not. She was my only friend, and the only one who knew of my troubles.

Last night was the night I left home for good, without my parents knowing I was gone.

Im now 21 years old. I endured 3 years of torture before I had the balls to stand up and leave. Now I'm the happiest girl alive. I have everything I could have ever asked for, and more.

This is my story, starting from the night I left.