Understanding

It's been a week and a half, and Levi is nowhere to be found. After Eren had officially met Levi in the abandoned classroom of the science building, the raven-haired boy was everywhere. It seemed like no matter what time of day it was or where Eren was, if he looked just hard enough, Levi was there. Now, however, he's vanished. Eren knows exactly what the reason is; Levi's avoiding him. Prior to what he had believed at the time, he knows now Levi had been awake when Eren had gone and kissed his cheek. It's the only logical explanation he could come up with as to why Levi seemed to be avoiding him. Hell, he didn't even show up to their shared psychology class!

It's been a week and a half, and Eren is downright sick of it.

He found Mikasa in the lounge with Jean and a girl Eren knew as Christa, hopefully just doing homework, ready to cause a scene. He knew it was immature, but he finally wanted to try and be friends with the annoying ass midget! And now he was avoiding him? Unacceptable. With a frown on his face, he marched up to the stoic girl and stomped his foot like a child.

"Why the hell is the shorty ignoring me?" Mikasa looked at him, her face staying emotionless except for the twitch of an eyebrow. After a second, she finally spoke.

"Pardon?"

Groaning, Eren aggressively ran his hands up and down his face. "Your stupid ass brother! I told him we were going to be friends and it has been like 3 weeks and I haven't seen him."

Jean snorted from where he sat, finally joining the conversation like the nosey horse he was. "Dude, I thought Armin said y'all were together like last week or something? Psych?" Eren shot a deadly glare at him, not in the mood.

"Look donkey, I will fuck your mom if you don't shut up." Jean stammered, not used to being called a donkey.

"I- I don't- WHAT THE FUCK, JAEGER?!" Eren just rolled his eyes and turned back to Mikasa while Christa tried to calm an angry Jean down.

"Seriously, Mika, is Levi avoiding me?" Eren was calm by now. He just wanted to know; he'd seriously been looking forward to trying to get to know the mysterious and quiet man. Now that Levi had disappeared into thin air, Eren found himself yearning to see him.

Mikasa's eyebrows furrowed, lips pursed slightly. "I haven't actually seen him myself, now that I think about it. Has he not been in class?" When Eren shook his head no, she sighed softly. "Okay, I'm going to go check on him. He gets like this sometimes." Eren just frowned slightly; this wasn't going how he planned.

The brunette was just as confused as Levi was. Levi had punched him, glared at him, insulted him, and damn near made fun of him. But he'd also gone to see if he was okay, he'd kind of been concerned for his health, and he'd given him advise. Well, kind of. He was vague in most things he said but Eren was pretty sure he meant well. It didn't hurt that Levi was quite frankly very attractive. With pale skin that contrasted heavily against his black hair, sharp grey eyes, small mouth, and short stature, Eren couldn't help but feel an urge to just stare at him sometimes. He hadn't, of course, since he'd held such a strong disliking to Levi before. But now that Eren decided he wanted to know Levi better and figure out why he was so introverted and unapproachable, he couldn't stop the feeling that he just wanted to be around him.

Mikasa stood and left the lounge, heading to Levi's dorm. She knew Levi tended to leave the world for a week or so at a time, but he never skipped classes when he did. She was only slightly worried because she knew how tedious he was about getting through his schooling as fast as he could, but here is was missing class. She made her way through the familiar residence hall, finally arriving at his door.

When she knocked, there was no answer. This was not exactly surprise her, but it did not make her feel better. She used the spare key he'd given her and opened the door slowly. The room was dark due to him having closed the blinds and curtains at some point. She'd could vaguely make out a dark mass on the bed, blankets covering the small frame. The corners of her lips tugged down as she closed the door behind her, walking up to him.