Chapter 10

3rd Person POV
Kelly's New York Mansion

The wind was cool as the young auburn haired girl walk down the side walk, she keep her head down hoping that she wouldn't draw attention to herself. She rounded the corner and saw it. It was the biggest house she had seen and by far the most beautiful. She smiled to herself as she walked up the steps that lead to the door, her hands buried deep inside the pockets of her brown leather jacket.

She prepared to knock on the grand red door in front of her, but she froze before her hand could strike the wood. Her eyes wondered to the rooftops in search of her red clad hero, but she couldn't see him. She grabbed the red scarf around her neck and brought the fabric up to her nose and breathed in the scent of soap and leather.

She smiled knowing that he was close by somewhere. She breathed in a deep breath and knocked on the door.

After a short moment the door swung inward reveling a short brown haired woman with dark skin and chocolate brown eyes. She wore a pale red dress and white flat sneakers, her face was flushed with a brow raised.

"Who are you?"

Her voice was rough and sounded aggravated. The young red head smiled at her and said.

"I'm Chanel. The safe house representative."

The older woman face relaxed, but worry soon replaced that.

"Hurry and get inside before some one sees you."

The woman grabbed young Chanel's arm and pulled her inside, shutting the door behind her.

Chanel looked around the and was amazed with what she saw. She seemed to be standing in a foray that was solid white , with gold outline. To her left looked to be a living room with a spiral stair case in the corner. To her left looked to be a kitchen that was all silver, and a dinning room with a table set to seat four. She was snapped out of her amazement when she heard the older woman spoke.

"Where are my manners? Hello my name is Maria."

She gave the young girl a smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you."

The young red head greeted.

"Follow me."

Maria began to walk into the living room towards the steps. Chanel followed her and noticed how dark the house was.

Maria stopped as soon as she reached the stair case. She turned to face Chanel with a serious look on her face.

"When you get to the top of the stair case turn left and the bed room at the end is Kelly's."

Chanel looked up the spiral when she turned back around she saw Maria at the door with her purse on her shoulder and keys in her hand.

"Where are you going?"

Chanel asked confused.

"Home."

The older woman opened the door.

"Well thank you for your help."

Chanel gave her a small wave. Maria gave her a hardened look and said.

"A piece of advice Chanel, trust no one. No matter how nice they seem. Learn this now and you won't be hurt in the long run."

With that said Maria walked out the door and shut it behind her. The house grew silent as Chanel tried to wrap here hand around the older woman's words. With a deep breath she began walking up the stairs, slowly she made her way up trying to keep her eyes open for anything that might pop out of the dark.