Hope

It was later in the afternoon that Leo had begun to think about Raph, the charming, handsome boy he met in the woods. While sweeping the front steps a messenger in a scarlet coat, bearing the royal crest came up to him. 

"His Royal Majesty the King requests your attendance at the ball tomorrow night, it for his son the Prince to find a suitable bride, please give this invitation to all eligible persons in the house. Good Day" said the messenger in a formal, clipped tone.

"Ok, thank you and have a great day!" said Leo with a smile on his face. He was so ecxited that he ran into the house, forgetting about the sweeping. 

"Claire, FIona, Stepmother?" Leo called out, trying to look for his family. "We're in the living room Leo!" Fiona yelled to him. When he walked in he saw that his stepmother and stepsisters were having tea and cakes in the living room. 

"What is it Leonardo? It better be important to interrupt my tea" growled his stepmother. Leo gulped and passed the invite to his stepmother. She snatched the invite from his hands and begun to smile when she read it. This was her opportunity to rise into the royal circles! 

"Girls! The Prince is looking for a bride and I will be damned if it isn't one of you! We are going to the ball tomorrow night!" Anna yelled determinately. "Did you read the bit about 'all eligible persons'?" Leo squeaked out. Anna glared at him, "Of course I did!" she snapped. 

"Mother, CinderLeo wants to go to the ball!" Claire said laughing so hard that tears were coming out of her eyes. 

Anna had a small smirk on her face as she watched her daughter ridicule Leo. "oh Your Highness please hold my broom!" Claire was fully laughing now. "Shut up Claire!" yelled Fiona, tired of her sisters teasing. 

Anna held her hand up as Claire was about to respond, "No, No, if Leonardo wants to go, then he may". She said. Fiona smiled at Leo and Claire was fuming "But, Mother, look at him!" she screeched at her mother. Anna smirked again, facing Leo she said: "You may go if you finish your chores, help us get ready and make yourself presentable."  

A huge smile appeared on Leo's face " Oh thank you Stepmother! I'm going to the ball!" he ran excitedly out of the room with Fiona running after him. 

"Mother I cannot believe your letting that ragboy to go to a palace event!" Claire yelled. 

"Now, Now, darling I said IF" Anna corrected, taking a sip of her tea.

"Oh, IF!" Claire said as a wicked smile appeared on her face. 

A wicked plan was forming....