01

Unedited...

Adiya Monaé TaylorPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania August 3, 2019

Adiya Monaé Taylor
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
August 3, 2019

Dropping her bags filled with new clothes by the couch, Adiya plopped down on the couch, exhausted.

"I don't know why you're huffing and puffing, we weren't even out that long." Adiya's roommate and best friend, Kayonna, stated.

Adiya didn't even form words to say back to her, only a glare.

Kayonna rolled her eyes, "Last time I go somewhere with you."

Adiya leaned up on the couch, "You promise?"

Both girls looked at each other for a few minutes, before busting out laughing.

Adiya's face turned serious after laughing for a few seconds, "I was being serious."

"I know that's why I laughed at your ass. Bitch you know you're my only friend, if you don't go places with me, I'm gonna be lonely." Kayonna said with puppy dog eyes.

It was Adiya's turn to roll her eyes.

"Bitch you ain't lonely. Yo ass stay underneath Kasen. The only reason I went to the mall with you is because the last time I spent time with you was three weeks ago."

Kayonna shook her head.

"It hasn't been that long. Stop cappin."

Adiya shrugged her shoulders.

Kayonna has been seeing a guy named Kasen for six months. They looked beautiful with each other and anyone could see the chemistry between the two. Adiya was happy for her bestie, but Kasen has been budding in on the Adiya and Kayonna show.

"Anyway," Kayonna dragged out. "let's put the stuff up, change our clothes, and then watch the new season of On My Block."

Adiya nodded, while standing up. Grabbing the bags off the ground, she made her way down the hall, to her room.

Her room wasn't much, but when she turned her LED lights on, along with some relaxing music, the vibe in her room was unmatched

Sitting the bags in front of her closet, she made her way to the bathroom connected to her room. Looking at herself in the mirror, she did one thing she would have never done in the past, smiled.