Chapter 6

Blue's Prov:

Darkness and warmth.

I forced my eyes to open only to be surrounded by complete pitch-black darkness. I shivered in fright. Everything was just too quiet. My eyes darted back and forth to find some sort of light but were unsuccessful. I wrapped my arms around my waist curling myself in protection. I was still lying down on a very soft surface that smelled like ocean breezy cologne. The surface eased my nerves only a little until I felt the warmth move.

The warmth felt scaly like a dragon or a snake. I rolled my eyes.

Seriously, Blue this isn't a dream of yours there are no such things as dragons.

I felt the warmth move again as I bit my lip to keep from gasping or worse screaming. My throat still hurt from screaming from that very long, long fall. I just wanted to back to the library and face Carter and Dante. If he chooses to hurt me well.

You can't break what's already broken.

I shook my head of my depressing thoughts. I will find a way out of this darkness. Feeling confident, I slowly sat up from the comfortable surface. I smiled squealing in my head at my bravery but froze when I heard a monstrous growl from behind me.

I quickly covered my mouth to keep from screaming. My shaking figure does not help in the slightest. My breathing turned rapid and my heart drove into overdrive beating so loud and fast that I'm afraid the creature could hear it. I currently could hear a pounding in my ear.

What the hell was that?

I did not want to turn around until I felt something hard and scaly wrap around my throat. I did not even have time to gasp as I was forced to turn around, now staring into the most vibrant green eyes I have ever seen. They seemed to glow in the darkness. The eyes also illuminated what was holding me. A freaking dragon has its long rough trail snaked around my throat.

You heard me right. A dragon. If I wasn't so scared I would say this is the most beautiful dragon I have ever seen. Patterns of black and gold ran along its features. Its eyes with specks of gold seemed to tinkle as it studied me carefully. I stupidly placed my hand on its tail trying to free myself from its strong grasp. Mr. Dragon did not like that as it snarled menacingly more fear crashed into my body as it tightened its hold making sure to leave a bruise.

"P-Please." I managed to wheeze out. The dragon's eyes seemed to widen in realization quickly letting go of my neck. I coughed loudly thankful my breathing returned to normal, but my heart was still thumping in fear. I quickly whirled my head back to the dragon only to see it vanish.

I frowned confused but grateful that it left. Where did it go? I would have heard it leave.

Two claps echoed in the darkness making light emerge. My eyes adjusted to the brightness as I blinked finally taking in my surroundings. I was in a nicely styled cave. There was a large flat-screen TV plastered on the wall. A shelf is full of old thick books in the corner. I looked down to see that I was indeed on a large circular bed with blue silk sheets surrounding me. I glanced up gasping at the dragon I just encountered painted on the wall. It was even more beautiful in the light. Wow! If I wasn't so scared, confused, and hungry this place would be—

"Are you okay?" A deep voice examined me carefully. I jumped uneasily at the voice coming from the far end of the cave. The stranger leaned against a part of the cave crossing his arms as he studied me. I did the same.

He was a beautiful human being.

He looked fairly tall from where he stood and built as I gazed at his muscular arms. His dark brown thick, curly hair had streaks of golden blond in them. His eyes were bright a bright icy blue. His skin was pale but seemed to make his sharp, handsome features stand out even more if that was even possible. He looked like a model or celebrity.