introduction

WARNINGS FOR THIS STORY: horror, mourning, descriptions of blood and gore, racism, and classism. 

hey ya'll! 

Yep, it's another HP OC fanfic, but thank you for clicking on this one! 

This little sucker was born after being in house for two-weeks straight. I thought of the tragic tale of Regulus Black and thought to myself, wouldn't it be funny if he lived and the prodigal son would fall in love with a muggle instead.  And to make Walberga's ghost scream, an Irish- American muggle? 

That is where Alice O'Donoghue comes in. To be honest, in my state of vanity I based my appearance on hers, and my love of folklore and fairytales onto her. However, I'm trying to make her a well-rounded character worthy of standing beside the HP cast. 

Even with all of Wattpad's faults, the good thing about this website is the interaction between author and audience. This is not supposed to be "professional" but I want to create something that people escape to. If I do something wrong that offends anyone , please tell me. If something isn't working in this story, please tell so I can make this story better. 

I took some liberties with the Harry Potter universe and made my own "antagonists" while also trying to follow the Harry Potter canon. 

Even though Regulus defected, not all of his prejudices just become erased. 

This is a love letter to Stephen King, Mary Shelly, and the Bronte Sisters while also being slow-burn rom-com. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope you enjoy "the haunting" 

- mayday