An understanding..

Chelsea's POV

FINALLY.. Date night. I think to myself as I walk into The Grill. I see Matt at the bar, he smiles at me sweetly. I smile back. I walk over to the bar as he cleans the glasses.

"Hey sexy." He says, smiling while he leans over the bar kissing me.

"Hey you." I reply. He walks around the bar and to my side.

"You look, amazing." He compliments, looking at my outift, making me blush slightly. "I love it when you blush, you look all shy and sweet." I giggle and so does he. He sighs. "This is the only thing that's kept me going today."

"Why? You had a bad day?" I ask concerned.

"Yeah something like that.. a bunch of kids came earlier and caused some trouble. Three couples have had a screaming match. Two guys had a fight earlier and then that asshole came in and caused a fight between these two guys, then just sat there and laughed." As I look over to see who Matt's talking about, I realise it's Damon.

"Damon?" I frown, looking at him. He looks so miserable. So sad and lonely. I get a weird feeling in the pit of my stomache. I feel so bad for him.

"You know that guy?" Matt asks it takes me a moment to let what he asked process.

"Er, Yeah. Yeah. I.. He's Stephan's brother."

Matt furrows his brows and looks back over at Damon. "THAT'S Stephans brother?"

"Yeah."

"Wow... No wonder why Stephan never mentions him. I didn't know he even lived here."

"I don't think he's been here long. I only met him today. He seemed really.. nice."

Matt laughs slightly. "You think everyone's nice."

"No. I don't." I reply stubbornly.

Matt laughs again. "Yes. You do." I look at him rolling my eyes and smirking.

"Well he was nice to me."

"Yeah probably because he thinks you're hot."

That was offensive. "Just because someones nice to me, doesn't mean they think I'm hot you know. Why do you all seem to think that if someones nice it must be because they think I'm hot. Is that the only reason you're nice to me?" I say defensively. Matt can tell I'm offended and puts his arm around me.

"No. But THAT'S why I like you. You're stuborn and sensitive and you have no idea how beautiful you are.The fact that you're the hottest girl I know's just a bonus." He grins, reffering to me taking offense. (being sensitive) but it makes me smile. He places his free hand, gently on my chin pulling up my face to meet his. "And that smile." I grin again and he kisses me softly. "Right, I best get back to work." He says as he begins to back away. "20 more minutes." He grins and then turns around to go back to the bar.

I look over at Damon, he looks so down. I wonder if him and Stephan's had an argument. Thing's seemed to be pretty intense when I got there this morning and Stephan wouldn't say much about him.

I walk over to Damon, I see Matt watching me as I do. It seems like Matt's already made his mind up about him. But it takes Matt a long time to trust people. They have to prove themselves before he starts to give someone a chance.

I see Damon look up at me and I smile softly as I reach the table.

"Hey. Mind if I sit?" I ask delicately.