Lonely souls...

We walk up towards her home. Our arms linked together.

"Thank you. For tonight. And for your jacket." She smiles.

"No. Thank YOU." I reply genuinely. "What you did for me tonight was very sweet. I've enjoyed it. You're good company."

"Well YOU aren't that bad yourself." She reply's cheekily. Making me laugh.

We walk up towards her door. She's still a little unsteady on her feet so I take her into the house, gently sitting her on the sofa. I look around at the house. It's nice.

"You have a lovely home."

She smiles. "Thank you" She holds her head. "I think I need a coffee." She laughs. "You want one?"

I open my mouth but nothing will come out. I can't believe she actually wants me to stay with her. "Er. Sure.. Yeah. Please." I finally say.

She walks into her kitchen me following behind her as she begins to make us both a coffee.

"You live alone?" I ask getting to know her a little better as I sit at the breakfast bar.

She sighs. "No.. Well, yeah.. Kinda. I guess. I don't know it's.." She sighs again. "Complicated."

As I look around I see a picture on the wall, of what must be her family. She turns to see me holding it. I turn it around to face her. "This the family?"

"Yeah." She smiles half heartidly.

"Where are they?"

"Er." She sighs again. "I don't know." She can see I'm confused. "Like I said it's.."

"Complicated." I nod and so does she.

"Yeah."

She hands me my coffee and sits down infront of me. Wrapping her small, delicate fingers around her cup and taking a small sip of coffee.

"You wanna talk about it?" Why did I ask that? Why do I feel like I care? It's got to be the booze. I need to stop drinking.... Who am I kidding I'm not gonna stop drinking.

"Trust me. You don't want me to bore you with all that." She reply's.

"No. Tell me. If you need someone to talk to.. I mean you've been there for me already." What is going on with me?

She smiles softly. "I don't know where they are because I haven't spoken to them. They.. travel the world. With my grandparent's and I.. stay here."

"Why don't you go with them?" I ask. She laughs slightly.

"I'm not aloud." What does she mean she's not aloud? She can see I'm confused so she explains more. "My, parent's. Don't really talk to me much. It's.. it's a long story."

It can't be the hybrid thing. Can it? Is it? No. Sure it's wrong but.. they're her family. They of all people shouldn't hold it against her. Do I keep my mouth shut. See if she tells me herself? Or do I say something. Oh look at her face. Tell her you know. No. Wait. What do I do?

"Is it because you're a hybrid?" I ask my voice sounding concerned and sympathetic.

She looks at me, her eyes widen. Her mouth opens but she doesn't say anything.

"Stephan told me." I explain. She still looks at me like she doesn't know what to say. She doesn't know weather to answer.

"He told you that?"