Risky Business

"Please don't make me do this."

Stiles groaned from his spot on Maya's bed, dramatically falling back against the comforter and many decorative pillows. They'd been arguing back and forth for quite some time now. Despite the fact that Stiles wanted to go out and party, Maya was not in the mood to go to some high school party of a girl she didn't even know.

"Maya, you spent the entire summer in Michigan. You barely texted me back- which is rude because I texted you some very hilarious things. I am in desperate need of some quality friend time with you...and I could use my wing woman at this party."

The brunette grumbled from inside of her closet, still not in the mood, but feeling admittedly guilty. "Fine, you win, Stilinski. I'll go to your stupid party."

She could hear Stiles' cheering victoriously on her bed at her defeat. Finally settling a hand on one of the many dresses hanging in her closet, Maya shrugged out of her other clothes and threw it on quickly. She was completely ready to go after checking and making sure that one of the many emergency towels was tucked away in her purse.

"Ready?"

Stiles sat up, blinking in surprise. "Wow, you look..."

"Keep it in your pants, Stilinski." Maya teased him.

He flipped her off, before checking his phone. "Scott's going to meet us there."

Maya rolled her eyes, "Riding that stupid motorbike of his?"

"Probably."

The pair shouted a hasty goodbye at the rest of the Williams family, who was gathered around the TV shouting at each other about some reality show they'd become engrossed in. They all shushed them loudly for interrupting their argument about why their favorite contestant should win. Maya and Stiles were long since out the door and inside of Roscoe, hearing none of the complaints. It didn't take long before they were parking in the street a few neighborhoods over. Scott was already there, leaning against his bike as he waited for his friends to arrive.

"He harassed you in to coming?" Scott questioned.

Maya nodded sullenly whilst sliding out of the jeep and down to the sidewalk. She may have not been happy, but the McCall was glad to see her. It would be the first time in a long while that he'd been able to spend time with his female best friend.

"Don't give each other that look!"

Maya frowned at Stiles, "What look?"

"Yeah, what look?" Scott chimed in.

Stiles moved in between the two as they walked along the sidewalk. "That look that says the last thing you want to do is go to a party."

"But that is the last thing I want to be doing right now." Maya told him, "I wasn't exactly hiding my distaste earlier. You spent an hour convincing me to come."

Scott chuckled at her brutal honesty. "It just seems a little weird going to a different high school's party." The werewolf admitted.

Stiles' waved a hand in front of Maya's face. "That's a lot of negativity missy and I'm gonna need you to find some positivity for my sake tonight." He turned to look at Scott, "And you, one drink. Just one drink. It'll be fine! I went to nursery school with this girl, okay? She promised to introduce us to all of her friends. Maya is here to help and be our wing woman. Tonight there's no Allison and no Lydia. Tonight we are moving on."

Both friends saw Scott looking at his phone. A smiling picture of the Argent lighting up the screen, announcing that there was a missed call. Momentarily hesitating, Scott finally slipped it into his pocket.