Eleven

A/N: IMPORTANT. I posted the wrong version of the chapter. Major changes towards the end of the chapter.

Chapter eleven
Corey

"That did not happen," I'm laughing so hard, I'm afraid I'm about to snort our drink.

            "I swear it did." She laughs, sipping onto the strawberry smoothie that we're sharing.

            I bought a drink from a food truck we passed since we had left our milkshakes at Hot Stuff. We're parked right by the food truck, trying to finish the smoothie before we go. I'm glad since I didn't want her to leave yet.

            "I kicked her right in the face." Her cheeks are tainted red and it's starting to match the smoothie.

            Isla's telling me about the time she had her cheerleading try-out and how she had almost knocked a girl out when doing a flip. She's laughing and it's a complete contrast from when we left the burger joint.

            I had no idea why there was a sudden shift in her but I didn't want to bring it up. She's too happy right now for me to ruin that.

            We both lean in to drink from the cup that's in her hands, two bendy straws poking out. Our foreheads almost touch, nose close to brushing each other's as we look into each other eyes.

            My eyes are drinking her in and there's a glint to her large brown eyes. She pulls away but she's still close and her lips are tainted red from the strawberry smoothie. She licks them and I know she knows I'm staring but there's nothing I can do. I'm feeling red.

            She leans in again, her mouth on the straw but she doesn't stop there. She leans in a little further and I swear our her lips brushes against mine but only barely and I've stopped drinking because now I want to taste her lips.

            She smiles a smile I've never seen on her soft features before right as she's pulling the cup away from me. She leans back to the seat, all giddy.

            God, what is she doing to me?

            I smile down at my phone but I don't realise it until Ricky hits me on the back of my head. "You texting her?" He sits down next to me, trying to catch his breath. I barely acknowledge him because Isla has just sent me a photo of herself in front of a mirror. She's in her cheerleading uniform, getting ready for a game.

            She said it's her first one this year since she was benched from the previous one and she's nervous.

            I tell her she's beautiful and probably the most talented one there. I'm wishing I get to see her cheer, hopefully for my team instead. For me.

            We've been texting back and forth ever since I had dropped her off at her house. After that little stunt she pulled, the car drive was silent and tense. I felt her sneaking glances at me from time to time but I didn't look. I couldn't or else I would've done things. That was 3 days ago.

            A whistle leaves Ricky's lips, "she's got legs for days." He drags out the last word and I hit his arm.

            "Stop doing that," I hiss and he starts poking fun at me.

            "Does Corey finally have a girlfriend?" He says, shaking me and Johnathan overhears him.

            "You got yourself a girlfriend?" He looks at me, his blue eyes wide and surprised.