Into The Woods- Chp.4

I woke up, the birds chirping. I noticed the warmth I once felt last night wasn't there. I shot up to find Alex nowhere in sight. That is when I heard the shower running and took a breath. I got up and went to the kitchen. 

I grabbed some eggs and bacon. The sizzling bacon turning a dark brown. I scrambled up the eggs till they looked like soft clouds. I felt strong hands wrap around my torso. I turned around to a smiley Alex, I smiled back.

"Good morning Alex." I said turning back around to make him a plate.

"Good morning Cotton-candy. How are you feeling?" he said continuing to hug me.

"Mmm fine, how about you?" I said enjoying his warmth.

"I'm great, can I have some of that delicious looking food?"

"Of course, here you go." I said handing him his plate. He took a seat at the dinner table and I followed with just one piece of bacon, I was still feeling queasy.

"Are you not eating?" He asked while stuffing his mouth.

"No, I still don't feel the greatest. I'm actually going to go shower if you don't mind."

"Oh, I don't, I'll go to your room and lay down till you're done." I nodded to his response and got a towel, heading to the shower. I stripped and felt relieved when the scorching hot water licked my skin.

I washed my body and long black hair. I got out and looked in the mirror to see my eye bags were barely noticeable. I brushed my hair and moisturizer my skin. 

That's when I realized, I didn't have my clothes, which meant I'd have to go to my room, in a towel. I gulped and stepped out into the cold air. I opened the door and saw a wide-eyed Alex.

"Uhh Evie, you alright?" Alex said, his eyes scanning my whole body.

"Y-yea I forgot my clothes." With that I ran into my closet and shut the door. I put on some leggings and a loose alien shirt. When I walked out of the closet Alex was watching the tv.

"Hey..." I said fiddling with my fingers.

"Hey silly, how was your shower?" He said with a laugh.

"It was much needed." He beckoned me over by putting his hands up in a motion like he needed a hug, with big puppy dog eyes. My heart ached to this simple gesture. I ran into his arms with a thump and we both laughed.

"So, Cotton-candy, what do you want to do today?" He asked while running his fingers through my hair.

"Hm I don't know, maybe we can go to the woods. I've always loved nature." I noticed Alex got stiff and cleared his throat.

"Are you sure you want to go there?" He said with a weird tone.

"Yea... is there a problem?"

"No, no. I just don't want you getting sick or hurt."

"Oh pfft, I'll be fine. I promise." I said hugging him tighter.

"We'll need different clothes."

"True, let me go change and we can stop by your apartment." I said making my way back into the closest. I looked through my stuff and found some black jeans, a big black jacket and my old doc martens.

"Oh, how cute." Alex stated with a flirty smile. I could feel my cheeks getting red.

"Ready to go to your apartment?" I asked checking my phone just to make sure the battery was charged, which is was, 97 percent.

"Yes." He said, his eyes kind of clouding over but never less he forced a smile. I informed Maddy that I'm going out and don't know when I'll be back. I got into Alex's car and we started off to his home.