Chapt. 20

Claude lied to me about Ciel and Sebastian coming home early, but I didn't let it bother me. I didn't question his intentions. It's not like I'll be seeing him again any time soon. 

Right now, I was with Sebastian in the library while he was dusting the shelves and I was reading one of the books. "Sebastian, I was wondering about something..." 

"What is it, Milady?" Sebastian turns and looks at me. 

"When you told me that Ciel and Alois had their feud, did you and Claude have a feud as well?" I ask, looking up from my book. 

"What brings this up, Milady?" 

"Because Claude was here yesterday." 

"What?!" Sebastian and grabs my hands gently. "Did you do anything to you, Milady?Are you hurt?" 

"He didn't do anything but lie about you and Ciel being home early and that Ciel had invited Alois over. I guess he just wanted to speak to me in private. But, he asked me how it was like living in the Phantomhive manor than being a slave. It was an odd question to ask me." 

Sebastian sighs in relief and straightens himself up. "As long as you're alright, I suppose." 

~Sebastian's P.O.V.~ 

I can't believe that spider. The nerve of him coming near what doesn't belong to him. He has already taken a liking to Mistress Jane. Up to his old tricks again. That spider should know that this human is mine and mine alone. 

"Sebastian, are you okay? You paused for a moment there." Jane looks at me with a worry, and I couldn't help but smile at her adorable face. 

"Everything is alright, Milady. You do not need to worry about a thing." I lean down and kiss her forehead. "Is there anything particular you want for lunch?" 

"Baked apple?" She smiles. 

"Very good, Milady." 

~Jane's P.O.V.~ 

After lunch, I had went to Ciel's office to help him with the investigation. Him and Alois were going to meet up again and ask witnesses around town later this afternoon. I felt like helping Ciel out and spend time with him before he goes back out again. 

"Hey, Ciel? Can you tell me about Alois?" I look at him while asking him. 

"Why do you want to know about Alois?" Ciel looks back at me with confusion. 

"I'm just curious about him." I smile.

"All you need to know about Alois is that he's a brat and thinks everything is a game to him." 

"You make it sound like you hate him so much, despite you and him having a small feud with one another."