12|Chivalrous Pervert

-(Y/n)'s Perspective-

Naruto had gone off with Sakura, leaving me alone with Jiraiya. The Sannin and I walked through Konoha together, every moment we spent made me feel closer and closer to him.

"Hey, would you mind if we found a park bench to rest at or something?" I asked, it's not that I was tired, I just really wanted to take in the days beauty. Birds perched on the power lines that connected all of the buildings, young couples walked with their children, and the sounds of laughter could be heard from all around. It was peaceful, and to make it better, Jiraiya was the one accompanying me.

"Of course, anything for you." He replied, winking playfully at me. I giggled and grabbed his hand, taking off swiftly down the dusty path. Jiraiya struggled to keep up as I dashed through the busy streets, avoiding civilians to the best of my ability. "(Y/n), take it easy!" He pleaded, I looked back to see him stumbling slightly. We were under the shade of a tree away from most of the villagers at least, so I was satisfied with our destination. I probably should have given him a moments notice before dragging him along though.

I stopped and rubbed his back comfortingly, "I'm sorry, are you okay?" I asked, concerned that maybe I'd pushed him too hard.

"Oh I'm alright, trust me I can endure much worse, I just don't want to hurt anyone," He said chuckling, gesturing to the townsfolk we'd passed who were walking sluggishly slow behind us, "I doubt they could keep up with you even if they wanted." He said jokingly, though that probably wasn't an entirely false observation.

I scratched the back of my head nervously, "right, sometimes I'm not very aware of my surroundings, I guess that's my downfall as a shinobi.." I chuckled, looking at the ground a bit embarrassed. Just then I felt Jiraiya's warm hand caressing my cheek, his other hand placed gently underneath my chin, tilting it up slightly so I was facing him.

"You're just fine, (Y/n)." He said definitively. His tone was stern, like the truth couldn't differ in any way from what he'd said. He leaned in and kissed me on the lips. Reaching behind his head I ran my fingers through his mane, his hair was like a silver waterfall that tumbled down his back in voluminous tufts. Our lips seemed to fit like two puzzle pieces. I'm glad we were out of that crowded street because I must have been blushing a bright red. When he finally pulled away I was unsure of how long we'd been connected for, because somehow it felt like an eternity. "You're amazing, (Y/n), there's not a doubt in my mind that I've fallen for you, even if we haven't known each other for very long."

I was in fact blushing as suspected, I could feel the warmth radiating from my cheeks without even needing to check. He sounded so sincere when he spoke that I could tell what he'd said was honest. I was practically speechless, who knew I'd be falling for the legendary Sannin Jiraiya, and that the feeling would be requited. It seemed sort of unreal to me. All I could do was embrace him. I stepped into him and wrapped my arms around his waist. He set his chin atop my head, placing his own arms around my shoulders as I came closer to him. I nuzzled into his chest, he felt safe and warm, I wanted to stay like this forever.

We stayed like that for quite awhile, I could still hear the bustling of the people nearby, but it was muffled. There was no one who would disturb this moment, and we were out of sight from anyone who happened to be close. The village might be beautiful, especially this time of day, but nothing could be better than a moment like this. Jiraiya placed a gentle kiss upon my forehead before he and I both pulled away from each other's embrace. I smiled at him and he smiled right back, but in a way he never had before. He looked certain, I didn't quite know what he was certain of, but I could definitely see it in those deep dark eyes of his. He was a pervert, but a chivalrous one at that.

-Jiraiya's Perspective-

I've had crushes before, But never have I felt such an immediate love for someone as I do for (Y/n), it's a strong feeling and I'd never use it lightly, but I know it's how I feel. I'm certain. After that moment we just exchanged, I think it's time she and I headed back to her place. I'm getting older by the second, and I want to be sure I make the most of my life, so I won't let someone who makes me feel this was slip through my fingers.