SAME YOU

January 12th 2018 – 2:45am

"Thanks for bringing him home Dave" she said as she passed him a bottle of water. David looking up at her with a semi annoyed, semi worried look on his face.

"I had no choice; he was a fucking mess. What's going on?" he asked as he leaned back in his seat, giving Roxy a stomach rub.

"It's been a rough couple of days. We had an argument. I said some pretty awful shit and" she sighed. "Instead of biting back, he left" she said as she sat down next to one of her best mates. David was looking back at her, his face telling her to elaborate. Emilia looked at him and sighed. She trusted Dave, with every fiber of her being. "We thought we were having a baby" she said as she looked down. Trying to hold her tears.

"Oh Brillo-" he whispered as he brought his arms up to hug her. Emilia grabbed his hand and held it in hers. She couldn't let him hug her. She'd definitely break down.

"It's OK, it's alright. It wasn't a miscarriage or anything" she said, shaking her head. "It was just. A false positive" she breathed. "It was a false positive and we got our hopes up" she said as she quickly wiped the tears from her cheeks. "It was a false positive and we got our hopes up" she repeated disappointingly.

"I'm sorry Ems" David said as he moved closer to her and pulled her close. No matter how brave she was trying to be. Emilia leaned on his chest and took a deep breath of relief. Relief because he was here, and relief because Kit was home.

"Thank you for bringing him home Dave. I owe you one" she said as she looked up at him. Her eyes meeting his.

"I really had no choice, did I?" he joked. "He pretty much spotted me and then nearly rugby tackled me to the floor" he said as she began to giggle her contagious giggle. "And then" he continued, trying not to laugh. "When I finally pulled him off me, the bouncers commended me on being there, as soon as they figured out that I knew him, cause they were about to throw him out" he said as Emilia started laughing louder. 'Her Kit' she thought to herself. He either goes hard on the town, or he's at home.

"Was he alone?" she asked as she cuddled up next to him, enjoying the fire in front of them. It was nearly three in the morning and she was exhausted.

"Yep" he said as he pulled her beanie off and put it on the armchair next to him. Emilia kicking her slippers off and pulling the throw Kit had brought her for Christmas over herself. Her head, fully resting on Dave's thigh. Her eyes beginning to close. His hand coming up, running through her hair.

"The next time I see Jones I'm going to smack him" she said as she moved to her side. David caressing her hair behind her ear. "He was supposed to be with him. He should have never been alone" she said through a yawn. David threw his head back on the couch, his eyes closing too as his hand rested on her hip.

"Whatever Ems. Your hits suck" he teased as she smiled in her sleep.

"No, they don't. Kit's been teaching me how to throw a couple of punches" she protested through a smile. David smiling too.

"Kit can't smack either" he said blatantly.

"Dooon't" she began. An automatic reaction to defend him.

"I'll punch him out" David joked as Emilia continued to tell him to stop.

"You wouldn't" she said as she found the energy to turn onto her back. Her eyes still closed. "He loves me" she continued.

"I love you too" he said as he opened his eyes and looked down at her.

"I know you do" she began. David smiling down at her.