Three days in six months

"I thought this is what you wanted?" he asked curiously as he watched her pull away from him, turning to walk across the room. Emilia said nothing. She just shook her head as she made her way upstairs. Kit had never been to her house before, he had no idea where anything was. All he knew was the rooms he had been in with her. The lounge, the hallway and one half of her kitchen. He stood up and followed her, not really knowing how he should be feeling or what he should be thinking. "Emilia" he said as he followed her upstairs, she was walking at such a fast pace, he almost had to jog to keep up with her. "Emilia, please" he whispered as he followed her into her room. Emilia turned around so fast, he almost ran into her from his fast, walking pace. "You don't want to marry me" she said after so long. "Kit, this is happening way too fast" she said as she walked into her bathroom, running the bath water. Kit smiled as he observed her fussing, trying to ignore him. "This is what I want Em" he whispered as he took his shirt off. "I want you forever" he said as he let his shirt fall to the ground, Kit then walking towards her confidently. He pulled her close, his stomach filling with the butterflies as she placed her hands on his chest. He leaned down and kissed her lips passionately as his hands wondered all around her body. "I want you forever" she moaned as his mouth left her lips and kissed her neck. "Kit" she whispered as she held onto his hips, pulling him off of her. "Kit" she repeated. He could never take her seriously. She would always be his Emilia. He smiled down at her. "What is it?" He whispered. She shook her head. "We haven't even moved in together, we haven't even spent a full week with each other, Kit, do you hear how ridiculous this sounds? How ridiculous this is?" She asked seriously. Ridiculous? He repeated. Looking down at her, his smile disappearing off of his face. Emilia rolled her eyes. "Come on Kit, think about it" she said as she left his side and walked back into her bathroom, turning off the water that had near flooded her bathroom. Kit walked in behind her, leaning on the door frame, folding his arms. "I'm listening Emilia" he said as he watched her dipping her hand in the bathwater, pulling it out fast because of the heat. She looked back at him, but there was no smile on her face. "Kit, this is happening too fast" she said as she shook her head and walked past him, Kit's eyes following her as she just casually strolled past him. He was definitely confused and now, he was feeling a little annoyed about this whole situation. "Emilia" he whispered as he looked down to the floor. "I don't understand" he said as he walked towards her, picking his shirt up off of the ground and pulling it back on. Emilia turned to walk back downstairs. Kit followed her out of her room and grabbed onto her arm. "Em" he said as she stopped to face him, the both of them, facing each other, standing at the top of her stairs. "What are you trying to say? I've chased you around what feels like your entire house, please, just be honest with me" he said as he held both of her hands in his. He actually wasn't too sure if he wanted to hear the answer to his next question. "Do you want to marry me Emilia?" He asked, laying his entire heart on the table. Emilia's eyes filled with tears. "Kit...I..." she couldn't finish her sentence, so, she just shook her head. She shook her head and he literally felt his heart break. His chest was heavy, his stomach empty and his knees were weak. He was a fool. He felt like an absolute fool. "Right" he whispered through the lump in his throat. "Kit. Please, we need to make sure... marriage is... we don't even know if- "she stuttered. Kit shook his head. He let go of her hands and caressed the side of her face. "I'm going to go" he whispered, looking into her eyes. Emilia grabbed his hands. "Please, don't" she whispered. Kit shook his head again. "I can't stay here, I need to think about some things too" he whispered as he let go of her hands and walked past her, Kit making his way downstairs and out of the house. He stopped to get his phone off of the coffee table near the couch and pulled his jersey over his head. "Kit" she called as she watched him pat his jeans, ensuring that his wallet and his phone were in them. Kit ignoring her. "Kit, please, don't leave" she said as she followed him through her hallway where, not an hour ago she was standing there with Rose, the both of them telling her, how much they loved each other. Oh how things could change in an hour. Kit grabbed his car keys off of the bench near her front door and turned to face her. "Kit" she whispered once more, her hands moving towards him. He knew that they loved each other. He knew that they wanted to be with each other, forever. The thing that he didn't understand. The thing that he couldn't fathom was why. Why after all these years, she continued to fight her feelings for him. He held the back of her head, his fingers running through her hair as he kissed her forehead. Then, within seconds, he had opened the door, and walked out. Leaving her there, heart-broken and alone...