two

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ spring *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

the house on the other side of the village. they called it "ghost" because it's abandoned. nobody had lived there since the 40's, but elio was rather intrigued when a new family moved in. there was a lot of them, and they were very full on- elio wasn't used to these kind of people in crema. they reminded him of oliver. someone he hasn't thought about in a while.

oliver. spring. fuck.

he's getting married.

elio was heartbroken. he was reliving the phone call over and over in his head. he needed to clear his mind- so he decided to visit the new house owners. he wasn't sure what he was going to do or say- he just wanted to introduce himself and maybe make some new friends, it's kinda hard to do that in a small village.

i just want to make some new friends- get oliver out of my head. i cant keep sleeping in his shirt, and dreaming about him, it still counts as thinking. i'm such an idiot, i need to stop thinking all together.

sitting at my desk- starring at the note he writ me that summer, that i placed in the corner of my window, thinking about him. this isn't how i should live the rest of my life.

my mother called my name.

"elio,"

i grab my cassette player and head down to her- hoping she'd lay off with the lecture about how it was spring and i should be happy and forget about silly boys.

"happy first day of spring, elio!" my father said as i peered my eyes out of the kitchen door, into the garden.

my mother stared at him and widened her eyes. he coughed and returned his eyes back at his paper.

"i'm not a child, i know it's spring, mother." i say to her as i take a seat and grab an egg- gulping as i'm reminded of the first breakfast we had with oliver.

"i just- don't want you to mope around, elio dear. love happens and then it doesn't." my mother says, taking the egg from me and helping me crack it. she places it on a plate and i take it from her, angrily.

"you shouldn't hold back your feelings, son," my father says, peering over his paper. i smile. "i'm fine." i reassure him, stuffing my face with an egg afterwards.

they care about me- that's for sure. but i'm not a baby and i can handle this: atleast that's what i'm telling myself.

"i think i might go and introduce myself to the new family," i begin, grabbing my cassette player and kissing my mother on the forehead. she nods her head and my father does the same- as i grab my bike and head to the other side of the village.

elio wasn't planning on meeting any love interests- but he did hope that maybe he could take his mind of from oliver for a few weeks. he arrived at the house and knocked on the door.

he was surprised as he was greeted by a boy his age, topless. wearing navy blue shorts. his body was wet from the swimming pool and he seemed out of breath, from the walk from the garden.

elio couldn't speak- he couldn't find any words to say that made sense right now- he was shocked. in that moment he had forgotten about oliver. 

" ciao" he finally said, gulping and returning his eyes to the boys face.

"ciao. sorry do you speak english i'm not to good with italian." the boy asked, smiling as he did so.

elio was intrigued. he never imagined an american family moving into a house in crema, permanently.

"hi, yes." elio stuttered.