prologue

elio has never felt heartbreak before oliver.

and he never wanted to feel it again.

he thought oliver was the only one for him. he was sure of it. he couldn't imagine loving anybody else other then oliver, it felt- wrong.

but he knew that oliver wasn't coming back, and there wasn't anything anyone could do about it- not even elio, himself.

the drive back home from the station was agony for him- it felt like he was suffocating.

but when he returned home he quickly realised that he couldn't change the past- and had to move on. no matter how much he didn't want too.

months went by until november arrived. not one thought of oliver sprung to elio's mind. until that phone call.

that, awful phone call.

the one that made him realise he could never be with anyone else. the one that made him realise he needed him back so badly- he was starting to hurt.

the moment he heard oliver's voice he knew he could never love anyone the same.

the phone line stopped and elio felt like he couldn't breathe. his heart was racing. he didn't want to think about oliver right now, he couldn't.

he wondered why he felt so sick, so nauseous. the pain was unbearable.

the person he wanted more then anything in this world, was a thousand miles away, and getting married in the spring.

he couldn't bare it. he just couldn't.