006

I walk into the building and sit next to Mattia again, he looks over at me

Mattia: You look nice.
You: Thanks.
Mattia: Did you see the task?
I shake my head and look up at the large screen and read the words aloud.
You: You and your partner are to go on a late night mission to find a killer from an unknown gang. Bring him/her back unharmed.
Mattia: I guess we'll be uhh, out late tonight.
He rests his hands in the back of his head and leans back in his chair smirking, I roll my eyes.
You: On a mission, not just—
Mattia: Fucking around?
You: Exact— Wait no, not like that.
Mattia: We'll see where it leads.
A smirk grew on his face and I look away before the smile grows on mine.

No, no stop. You're stronger than this. Just because he's got those stupid brown eyes and that smile that could make any girl melt doesn't mean you have to give in.

I sigh and pull out my phone to see if it's been tapped into yet, there's the notification. I smirk and clear it before Mattia has a chance to see.
Mattia: Whatcha smirking at?
You: That's none of your concern, it's a Mamba thing.
Mattia: I actually wanted to talk to you about that, would you ever—

Kim: Good morning ladies and gentlemen. I'm assuming you've all read the screen and have come up with a plan. I want to see you and your partner leave together and come back by no later than 7:30 this evening, understood?
We nod.
Liam: Great, with that being said, I'll see you all later.
I stand up with my phone in hand and Mattia and I walk out quickly.
Mattia: I've got a car coming in about 5 if you're willing to wait.
You: I need to let Mari know first.
I text Mari and let her know that I'm going to have to be out with Mattia all day,

then I put my phone in my pocket and sit next to him on the curb. I didn't talk for a while, at least not out loud. It was sorta awkward, like neither of us knew what to say.
Mattia: So.
You: So?
Mattia: Can I take you to get some food now? Since you rudely rejected my offer yesterday?
You: I guess I have no choice, huh?
He smirked and punched my arm lightly.

Mattia

I look over at her as she smiles and get this feeling like my heart sank to my stomach. I forgot about the plan Kai and I came up with last night, I didn't even want to go through with that.
Layla: We have to be smart about this mission tonight Ti-
I look over at her as she stops.
Layla: Mattia...
She almost called me Tia, I haven't heard that nickname in so long. I smile slightly to myself and she looks down at her feet.
Layla: Where's the car? I'm starving.

There she is, that's the Layla I know.

You: He'll be here any second.
As soon as I say that, Kai pulls up and looks at she and I confused.
You: Hang on just a sec.
She crosses her arms as I stand up and walk to the car.
Kai: Why is she with you? Isn't her 'right hand' gonna shit?
I shake my head.
You: Part if the lesson is to spend the day with your partner, she's mine.
Kai smirked.
Kai: You're a smart man Mattia.
You: I know, now don't say shit about the plan.
I look over at her and signal for her to come to the car, she walks over and smiles at Kai.

Kairi

God damn she's so hot, fuck. Ugh I can't wait until we go through with the plan, I want to get my hands on her already.

Layla: Cosentino.
You: Montoya.
She holds her frail hand out as an indication to shake it and I do.
Layla: Where are we going?
She climbs in the back of the car and pulls her phone out.
You: Mattia?
Mattia: Anywhere there's food.
I start driving to this place called Brunch Box that was right down the road from the building. I park and watch as she steps out of the car, the black leggings she's in hug her body in a perfect way. She stares at me as I stare at her.
Layla: Problem Cosentino?
I snap out of it and shake my head.
You: No ma'am.
She scoffs and walks ahead of us.

Mattia: Her ass is still fat.
You: Duh, as if that would change.
Mattia: I'm gonna hit tonight.
You: You wish, she won't let you.
Mattia: Wanna bet?
You: Ok, if you hit, I owe you $2000.
Mattia: And if I don't?
You: You let me have first dibs when we pursue the plan.
He thinks for a second before shaking my hand, this is gonna be fun.

——

We walk in to the restaurant and wait for about 10 minutes, giving us all some time to talk.
You: So where's Lewis?
Layla: She's at the hotel.
She doesn't look up from her phone.
Mattia: And she knows your here?
She nods now setting her phone down in her lap.
You: And she's not like, shitting?
Layla: No, she understands it's part of the class.
I bite my lip as a way of stopping my thoughts from trailing to the bad things I'd do to her.
Mattia: Are you comfortable with this?
He places his hand on her thigh but she pushes it away as soon as it touches her.
Layla: As comfortable as I can be, Polibio. Don't touch me and I'll feel more comfortable.
Her attitude shifted from pleasant the and nice to annoyed and angry.

——

We sit at the table in silence, Mattia and I on one side and her on the other.
Layla: So, what's after this?
I look at Mattia as he shrugs.
Mattia: You could come back to our room?
Layla: Ok but I'm bringing Mari.

Ugh, Mari, I hate that girl. She's always been so overprotective of Layla and never gives her room to breathe, with her there nothing interesting would happen.

You: Why do you have to bring her?
Layla: So y'all don't try and fuck me or something.
Mattia and I chuckle a bit because we both know she's right, we would've tried that.

——

We walk out of the restaurant and back to the car, she sits in the back again and waits as Mattia pulls out his juul and hits it.
Mattia: Fuck.
You: What?
Mattia: Shes gonna bring that fucking snitch.
You: I can distract her so you can 'hit.'
Mattia: Nah, that's gonna happen later tonight.
I roll my eyes.

I'm not jealous. Am I? Who am I kidding, of course I'm jealous. He gets to be the leader and gets the baddest girl in the Mafia? What the fuck?