021

He and I walk up to the elevator and wait quietly for the doors to open, we look at each other often but are feeling really nervous

He and I walk up to the elevator and wait quietly for the doors to open, we look at each other often but are feeling really nervous. I've always been able to tell when he's nervous or anxious about something, he's at his cutest when he's like that.

Mattia

This girl is something else, I haven't been this attracted to someone this fast since the first time I met Layla. Now that I think about it, she kinda looks like Layla. I really have a type.

The doors of the elevator open and we walk in, standing silently next to each other.

I don't know what I was thinking, inviting her to the room with all the guys, they're gonna try to hit on her. I'm not gonna let that happen.

You: I uhh, I hope you don't mind, but my friends are gonna be in there too...
She giggles lightly.
Marissa: That's fine, as long as they're not weird?
She sounds as if she's questioning it, I nod slightly.
You: Yeah, no, they're totally normal. They'll just try to—
Marissa: Make a move on me?
I nod and she sighs into a laugh.
Marissa: As long as nothing 'bad' happens.
She winks causing my stomach to tighten, I try my hardest not to make it obvious that I'm turning red.
Marissa: Aw, I didn't mean to make you turn red.
Fuck.
You: I'm not turning red.
Marissa: Tell that to your face.
I smirk and lightly push her and watch as she pretends to fall, I reach my hand out and help her up. I pull her a little too hard because she bumps into my body, she looks up at me and we immediately make eye contact until she moves herself.
Marissa: I'm— I'm sorry...
You: It's ok, that was my fault...
She smiles a half smile that I will never forget.

That's Layla's same half smile. They really do look alike, wow.

The doors open causing me to snap out of my thoughts and I lead her to the room.
You: Ok, I need to brief my men on what's about to happen, are you ok with waiting out here?
She nods and shoots me a tiny smile as I walk into the room.

The boys immediately gaze at me and jump to one edge of a bed.
Alex: So??? How'd it go??
You: It went a lot better than I expected.
Carlos: And you're just back here, alone?
I shake my head.
You: She's here—
They all jump up and try running for the door but I stop them before they can answer it.
You: Sit on the bed, now.
They all walk back to the bed and slump down on it. Alondra starts to laugh without looking up from her phone, earning a glare from all of us.
You: Let me finish, she's here as my guest, so no weird shit. Got it?
They all nod as I go to answer the door.

You

You: Yeah it's working better than I thought it was going too.
The door starts opening and I immediately switch back into character.
You: I'll call you later, ok? Bye.
I hang the phone up and look up at Mattia's smiling face.
Mattia: Please, come in.
He moves aside and I walk slowly into the room and am almost instantly stared at.
You: Uhh, hello...
All: Hi.
They all look at me the exact same way, well all except Kairi, he's seems to be studying me harder than the others were. Mattia is suddenly behind me and I feel him put his hands on my shoulders causing me to tense up.
Mattia: Guys, this is Marissa.
I wave slightly and get incredibly awkward although I've spent so much time with these boys.

I then look at Alondra who seems to be trying to figure me out, she walks up to us and gets really close to my face.
Mattia: Londra, get out of her face.
Alondra: I'm just looking chill.
She squeezes my cheeks a little making my face into a fish face and shines a light in my eyes.
Alondra: You look—
She looks me up and down.
Alondra: Awfully familiar.
You: I was one of the girls in the car with you.
She raises an eyebrow and looks me up and down again before walking and sitting right next to Alejandro, I'll admit, that made me slightly upset but I chose not to act on it. Mattia places his arm around my shoulders and leads me out to the balcony.

Alondra

You: Are you all dumb? That's Layla.
Kai: No it's not.
Alondra: Check her location Carlos.
He pulls his computer out and checks her location.
Los: She's at her house dude, that's not her.
You: What did she say her name was again?
Ale: Marissa.
You: Marissa what?
Kai: She didn't say her last name.
Alondra: And what organization does she work for?
Kai: Again, she didn't say. What if she's just a regular girl and you're just looking too much into it??
I glare at him.

You: That's Layla, that's why I'm looking into it so much.
Ale: Dude, chill, just let Mattia be happy.
You: He's only happy because that's Layla.
Kai: Dude seriously, shut up, that's not her.
You: Don't tell me to shut up short ass.
Mattia burst through the door.
Mattia: Alondra, shut the fuck up, you're loud.
You: Oh I'm sorry, am I ruining your date with Layla?
He looks at me confused.
Mattia: That's not Layla, trust me, I'd know if it was her.
You: No you wouldn't dumb fuck, that's Layla.
Mattia: No it's not, seriously don't fuck this up for me like you did with Layla.
You: I'm just looking out for you—
Mattia: Well don't, I can handle things on my own without having my little sister medaling her big fucking head in my business.

He walks back out onto the balcony leaving me to get lectured by his stupid fucking friends.
Kai: I agree with him, leave him be.
You: But I—
Ale: Not 'but I—,' he's right. You're the one that almost killed Layla, the literal love of his life. The one. And even if that is her, who gives a fuck? Maybe that's exactly what they need to realize they still love each other!
I roll my eyes although I know he's exactly right, I hate how his fine ass always gets to me.

I'm not letting that happen, I'm proving that it's Layla whether they like it or not.

A.N: I'm crying🥺 thank you for 2k reads on this story already! I appreciate it so much fr fr🥺🥺❤️ thank you thank you thank you!🥰🥺