Chapter Eleven

What a gathering it turned out to be when everyone finally arrived for the departure of the Hogwarts Express

What a gathering it turned out to be when everyone finally arrived for the departure of the Hogwarts Express. Harry was still in a daze, completely embarrassed by the idea of crashing his trunk into someone within moments of his arrival. He hadn't even noticed the Weasley family finally arriving until Ron knocked his elbow into his side gently. But not only had the Weasleys arrived, but Uncle Sirius and Uncle Adelmo, Uncle Remus and Huxley, and Neville with his grandmother.

It was almost like they were gathering at the Potter Cottage like they had done numerous times over the summer.

While Molly was fussing with Fred and George and trying to make sure that all of her sons had what they needed before boarding, she was being harassed by Ginny, who insisted ongoing as well. To be the only child left at home didn't sound like any fun, but she still had to wait another year before her first year began.

"How did you manage the barrier, Harry?" Neville asked as he escaped his grandmother, who insisted on smoothing his hair over and over to settle her own nerves. All the while, he struggled to hold onto Trevor in his hands. "I thought I was going to crash into it! I think Trevor ended up fainting when I started running."

Harry flinched at the word "crash" before letting out a small sigh. "I ended up running into someone with my trunk. At least she was nice about it. But I think it's safe to say that you were better off than me."

Behind him, Huxley and Ron did their best to suppress their laughter, disappointed that they had missed such a scene. However, Ron's laughter didn't last for very long as Molly called out to him.

"Ron, you've got something on your nose."

Ron attempted to escape, squirming as much as possible as his mother ran the end of her sleeve over his nose. Meanwhile, Fred and George approached the scene with mischievous grins.

"Aaah, has ickle Ronnie got somefink on his nosie?" Fred said in a mocking tone, while George batted his eyes innocently beside him.

"Shut up," Ron told them before looking at Harry, Huxley, and Neville, a silent threat on his face as he dared them to say anything. He only managed to escape his mother's hold when she wondered where Percy had gone. Eventually, he appeared, walking with a rather proudful stance.

"Can't stay long, Mother," he said. "I'm up front, the prefects have got two compartments to themselves—"

"Oh, are you a prefect, Percy?" George gasped. "You should have said something, we had no idea."

"Hang on, I think I remember him saying something about it," Fred said. "Once—"

"Or twice—"

"A minute—"

"All summer—"

Before Percy could tell them to shut up as well, it was Renata, who stepped in. "And he had every right to brag about it all summer," she said, bringing Percy to blush, " he worked very hard to become prefect. You should be very proud of yourself, Percy, don't let anyone tell you otherwise."