11:50

It was extremely rare for two souls to cross paths. Clearly, a soul was here for reasons of their own and were too busy trying to fix whatever was left of their lives, as much as they didn't want to. As much as I, didn't want to.

We were forced to get ourselves together, accept that we're dead and then pushed to find out as to why we're still here.

It's kind of tiring.

"How did you bump into me?" The brown haired boy asked me, confused, because how the hell can a spirit do something so...normal?

"I should be the one asking you that. You're the one who bumped into me." I said.

"Excuse me, what?"

I took the time to examine his confused stance. He has light brown hair with golden highlights and slightly big green eyes. His lips full and pinkish contrasting his pale skin. His body looked muscular but lean.

"I thought you were just another human being so I walked right into you!" He defended, both hands raised as he tried to explain.

I pushed his chest forcibly and he actually stumbled back, almost colliding with a man on his mid thirties.

Then it clicked.

"When do you celebrate your birthday?" I asked, now knowing what was happening.

"Oh."

We were left to succumb to the awkward silence falling on us. Time was getting longer and longer. I was about to leave when he abruptly spoke.

"Um, happy birthday to you?" He said, unsure.

"What a great way of greeting someone! Thank you!" I said, sarcasm evident in my tone.

He glared at me, not liking the comment I made about his insincere greeting.

"Well, if it's my birthday, then where's my gift?" I jokingly asked, pretending to think.

It was nice to talk to someone after two years of just being accompanied by my thoughts. Sometimes, a bit too much time for yourself hurts your head a little.

"Oh we're not that close yet. Plus what do you want me to do, steal something for you?" He asked playfully.

"Yes." My tone genuine.

He seemed amused when he turned his back to me, only to spin around, clench his fist close to his heart and offer it to me. "Here, take my heart. You already stole it from me." He said smoothly and winked.

"Wow, I didn't know that souls could hit on each other. Why don't you try it on the living and then see if they'll kiss you back." I mused.

He then smiled, showing his complete set of white teeth. "So you're going to kiss me back?"

"You didn't even kiss me." I teased.

"Do you want me to?" He said intently staring at me.

I then walked closer to him, as if we aren't close enough and whispered into his left ear, "Maybe if we're both alive right now, I'd let you.''

His eyes bore into mine and then I laughed. He was taking this too seriously.

"Well, lover boy, I have to go. I have to find out what I still have to do, not just wait here for someone to tell me how to do it." I said, waving goodbye.

"You don't want to miss out on the chance of hanging out with me." He said, trying to stall time.

"Oh my god, that was incredibly narcissistic. And no, I do want to miss out." I said turning my back on him. I took a halt when he called my name.

"Elle, wait." His tone sounded desperate and somewhat sad.

This guy seemed to know my name but I didn't know him. He didn't look like someone that I saw before. I'm sure that he wasn't a familiar face, so how did know my name?

"Do you know me?" I asked, bewildered and walked back to him.