12:00

We were now walking, holding each other's hand, ignoring the fact that we can no longer feel our skin touching.

We took a halt when reached the same cliff we sat on before.

Being with Peter was something special. Like coffee on a rainy day, he made me feel better. Like plants that sprout from the ground, he made me feel alive again, even if I was already dead.

And no, I'm not in love. Love was something else. All I know is that I like being with him. He was something new, something that I wished to feel long ago.

"Elle, always know that you mean a lot to me. Not the whole world but the inky sky, along with the many stars that covers it." He says, his eyes closed.

"You gave me meaning, and then I saw that I wasn't just a speck of dust in this world. With you, I am something. I am yours."

His words sounded genuine and somehow distant.

As soon as he opened his eyes, he looked at me for a short while. A tear escaped his eyes as another one followed. Even so, his eyes showed the opposite. Life. Love. Euphoria.

As I stared back , I saw something else, a look of satisfaction. Contentment.

"Elle," He called, his voice breaking.

"What's wrong?" I asked. His green orbs were searching for my blue ones when all of a sudden, he diverted his attention.

Breath hitched in my throat when vines and leaves started creeping up his legs. He looked crestfallen when almost half of his body was turning onto moss and pebbles, becoming one with him. He looked at me, somehow knowing this would happen.

I took sharp breaths as realization dawned on me. He's crossing over. He's leaving me. I'll never see his smile again. His eyes. His hair. Everything. Never again.

He then wrapped his limbs around my body and enclosed me in as if sensing that I was hurting and can't handle this.

"I'll always be here, right next to you." His voice faltered as his hold on me tightened. I felt hot liquid landing on my cheek as I buried my head on his shoulder, wishing for this stop.

Why now? When I was already so used to him?

"P-Peter, stay," My voice barely a whisper.

"Stay."

I felt hot plump lips against my forehead, kissing me softly. Until all was gone and I couldn't feel his warmth radiating anymore.

"Please wait for me."

The wind became so cold, making the hair on my skin stand. When I stepped back, I saw a statue made out of leaves, twigs, vines, soil and just pure nature. It was breathtakingly beautiful.

I touched his face and let my hand stay there for a second more, reviving time and cherishing the feeling, before letting go.

That last touch, was a touch of goodbye.

I was about to leave when I felt a sting in my chest. It was like someone was squeezing the life out of my heart, making it explode before it becomes one again, only to bleed more blood than before. The sensation was so painful that I had to cling for support on the tree beside Peter.

Fuck, it hurts so much. It hurts so much, Peter.

"Umphh." I hissed through my teeth. The pain was becoming unbearable, I couldn't breath anymore as tears escaped my eyes.

Am I crossing over?

"N-no." I fell on the cold ground, unconscious.

I didn't even have the time to say how much I love you, dad.

I was late. Even in death.