Chapter 6

After I got dressed, I walked downstairs and looked at him. Just seeing him almost broke me again. His face was full of worry but he seemed confident in me. We stepped outside and began our walk to school.

"How are you here," I asked without meeting his eyes. "I was with you when you died."

"I woke up and walked out of the hospital," he said. "The doctors gave me a weird look but they let me go when I told them I felt perfectly fine. Well, after a dozen midnight tests that is."

I slapped him. My eyes burned and tears rolled out again. "You died right in front of me and then you talk to me as if its no big deal!? Your heart stopped after I-"

I stopped and held my breath.

"After you what? Did you hold my hands and prayed?" He then leaned in close and whispered, "Or did you kiss me with those innocent lips?"

I blushed a bright red and he smiled. Thats when I realized something.

"Why are you talking like you have no emotion?"

"I asked you a question first." I sighed. "I don't want to talk about what happened when I was unconscious just yet." His voice seemed to remain the same but his eyes looking at the ground gave me the impression his experience wasn't good.

I stopped in front of him and worked the nerve to look into his eyes. "Do you remember anything from last night?"

"No, why?"

"No reason."