Part 10~ Full Moon

"I wanna love like a man with nothing to lose, and die with my heart on my sleeve" 

                                                                             ~OCTOBER~

"There's a full moon out tonight" Louis spoke out into the silence as we watched the stars. His voice was weak and gentle, and it reminded me of how fragile Lou was, and how little time I had with him. We'd left after a couple hours at the party, and when we got home, Louis pulled me up to the roof of the building, wanting to watch the stars.

"Mm" I hummed in response. "Funny really, all these kids dressed up as monsters in the moonlight, the real monsters must be scared when they come out"

Louis laughed, that sweet gentle laugh he'd give and then shook his head. "The real monsters don't come out at all. They hide in you"

I knew he was talking about the cancer, and I pulled him closer to me, my lips brushing his ear as I spoke gently. "If I could, I'd kill all your monsters, so that you'd be safe, because I love you"

"As do I, my love" He responded as he relaxed even further into my chest, his warmth soaking into my bones and filling my soul with happiness.

"Do you think there's a heaven?" I asked, my lips still pressed against his pixie like ears. We'd never discussed after life, and I was interested to hear what Lou had to say on the topic.

"No" he spoke gracefully. "I believe that when we die, we turn into the stars, so we can look down on the people we left behind and make sure they're all doing ok, and one day, when they die, they join you, and you can live together again in the sky, right next to the big moon, and on nights like this, where the moons full, you dance together on it's surface"

I sat in silence for a moment, and then softly grasped Louis' chin, bringing his head up so he could see the shooting star that was making it's way in front of the moon. "Look Lou, they're dancing, just like you said"

Louis grinned and kissed me softly, pulling back so I could feel his breath on my lips. "I can't wait till we dance together, my love"
---------------------------------------------------

I cried whilst writing this...

Rosie xx