Part 5~ Months

"Now I just wanna feel how you would feel, left at home"

                                                                              ~JULY~

"How long has he got?"

"Months"

Silence. It's a funny thing really, it can be so peaceful, so comfortable, and however, at times like this, the silence can be suffocating. 

"Oh" I responded to the doctor, my voice a harsh croak. "Oh" I said again, finally feeling the panic I'd been shoving down since Louis collapsed rising back up my throat.

"If there was something we could do, we'd do it, but Louis refuses chemo. We can't undergo the treatment without his permission, and he's refusing" the doctor said, she was young, her blonde hair pulled into a tight bun, blue eyes shining with sympathy 

"H-how would it help him?" I questioned, trying to wrap my head around the thought of losing Louis. My Louis.

"It would add months onto his life, maybe years at best. He'd have longer to live" 

I looked at the doctor through my lashes, my coffee coloured eyes contemplating the situation.

"Does it hurt?" 

"Yes" a squeaky voice, said, one that definitely didn't belong to the nurse and I turned to see Louis standing in the doorway to his room.

"Lou! What are you doing? Get back in that bed!" I almost squealed, panic racing through me as I thought of how cold the floor must be under Louis' bare feet.

"Zaynie, don't let them stick me with needles again" Louis spoke as I moved him gently back to bed. "They shove me full of medicine and needles, tell me that it'll give me a longer life, but it just hurts. I don't want to die in pain"

That was the most vulnerable I'd ever seen Louis. If possible, he seemed smaller, and his big blue eyes stared up at me, tears building in the corner, and it was in that moment that I decided what I had to do.

"Okay Lou. I promise, I won't let them hurt you" I choked out, and I knew then, even if Louis only had months left, I'd make them the best months of his life.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is short sorry, but I did a double update today

Rosie xx