The Warning

-Flashback-

After receiving my mission I went home and sat on my bed staring at Weiss's picture. "She grew up to be really beautiful..." The first time I saw Weiss was in the cafeteria. I was tossing grapes into my mouth. As I tilted my head up to catch it. I saw her.

Her long white hair with a icicle tiara hair tie holding it up. Icy blue eyes. An amazing body. It was love at first sight for me. I only saw her a few more times after that. Then one day she transferred out. I never even got to learn her name... My first love was now on my kill list.

-Present-

"Weiss. You don't remember me because we never talked. But, I remember you." I grabbed a small tomato that fell out of her plate and on to the table. I tossed it up into the air, tilting my head back and catching it in my mouth. As my gaze went from the ceiling back down to her I got confused. She had a look of recognition.

" You..." She started but went quiet. I was about to say something before I noticed a familiar shadow figure. My eyes widened when I saw a glint of something metal. My reflexes kicked in and I grabbed Weiss's collar pulling her down to the ground just in time before a few bullets broke the window and flew over us. I used my body to shield her from any falling glass.

"R-Ruby?!" Weiss looked up at me in shock. "Stay down." I whispered. I looked over at Blake and Yang. Yang had her gauntlets on ready to go. "I got her Ruby." Yang said. I nodded bringing out my Crescent Rose jumping out the now shattered window.

I looked around and saw the figure run into an allieway. I used my semblance to catch up. As soon as I was close enough I used the blade on my Crescent Rose to pin him by his neck against the wall. "What the fucking hell! This is MY mission!" I screamed at him.

"Ruby... They sent me to kill her. Your off the mission... It's mine now..." I glared at him. "What do you mean I'm off?" He smiled staying silent. "Damn it Roman! I'll kill you right here!" He caught me by surprise when he started laughing.

"Last night. One of our fellow workers was at the restraunt. They over heard you saying you refused to do your mission." I let him down. How could I not have scouted better? He fell to his knees rubbing his neck. "Ruby. They're giving you 24 hours to leave the city. If you don't they'll kill you too."

24 hours?! "I can't leave..." My voice cracked a little. "I just can't." He got up pulling a button out of his pocket. "I'll let them know you refused." He pressed the button and pulled out a cigar lighting it. "It was lovely working with you Ruby Rose." Just then a ladder dropped from the sky. Roman grabbed on to it. The helicopter that was attached to the ladder lifted him up and carried him off.

I put Crescent Rose away looking down. "At least I no longer have to kill her..." I heard a small sweet voice behind me. "Thank you Ruby." I turned to see Weiss walking over to me. "Your welcome Princess." I sighed. "I heard the whole thing. You should have left." I shook my head as she stood in front of me.

"Why not?" She asked. How unlike her to stick her nose into my business. I smiled at her weakly. "Because, if I die I want it to be with you as the last thing I see." This time the blush her cheeks gave off stayed. "Weiss. I love you." With my last words hanging in the air I placed my hands on her shoulders, and as quickly as I could kissed her.