Teams

The portal that opened before everyone's eyes caused a moment of defense at first, but when Tony and Bruce quickly ran out, followed by Strange and the rest of the avengers, you knew everyone had the same news.

"Y/n?!" Tony yelled, quickly rushing toward you with pepper right behind him. "Thank god, you're okay." He told you, quickly wrapping his arms around you.

"Yeah, I'm okay." You told him, giving pepper a concerned look, knowing by the look in her own eyes, you knew there was a question of whether or not you were actually alive at this point. Strange caught your eye once again, if he was able to find your grandfather, maybe he knew if your father and uncle were okay. "Stephen?" You spoke quietly, but he already knew what you were going to ask.

"All I know is the ship was destroyed... I'm sorry." He told you, looking down when he saw the look in your eyes.

"There's still a chance they may have survived." Sam spoke up from behind you, resting his hand on your shoulder. "Don't lose hope." You could only offer him a small smile in return before turning back to your husband, who now wrapped his arm around you before kissing your now wrapped forehead.

"So what's the plan?" Natasha asked, finally getting to the point of the entire team meeting together in Wakanda.

"We're going to need to split up, if were lucky, he's splitting up his followers right now." Steve spoke, starting to lay out the strategy for everyone.

"Tony, Bruce, Strange, and Wong, you all will go back to New York, they're going tp be looking for Strange there." You told the group.

"Why would they be looking for the wizard?" Tony asked, causing you to laugh to yourself, remembering thinking the same thing of Strange.

"Because I am the sworn protector of the time stone." Strange explained.

"Then why don't we just throw this stone down the garbage disposal?" Tony asked, causing half the team to roll their eyes.

"That's not how it works." You answered before face palming, though his question did give you an idea. "Wait, Strange, is there any way we could use the time stone against him?" You asked urgently.

"I'm afraid not, its too risky." He told you, knowing this question would come up at one point during this preparation.

"Shit... okay. What about Vision? Where are we with that situation?" you asked Shuri who had been using some of her equipment to study the stone in Visions head.

"I think it might be a better idea to take the stone out, hide the stone rather than him." She explained, causing everyone to turn to each other with questioning looks.

"Could you actually do that without us loosing him?" Wanda asked, fearing the word could happen to her love, her eyes beginning to water a bit at the thought, causing you and Nat to move to each side of her in support.

"I can, but it will take a lot of time. I would need to start right now." Shuri explained before turning to her brother.

"You will be heavily guarded during your work, no one besides us will be allowed in or out of your work space." T'Challa ordered.

"This wont be easy, brother." She responded.

"We know you can make this work, there's no one else we would trust more than you." You assured her, reaching for her hand, offering a smile.

"So that's that then, you guys will guard Vison, while we go back to New York to try a buy us all some time." Tony stated, looking around the group.

"We'll hold them off as long as we can."

~~

"He's like if a pirate and an angel had a baby."