Chapter 3

*Cynthia's POV*

The clown and I walked beside each other. He was so tall... He had to be 6'8 atleast. After a while he finally spoke.

"So... Do you like the motherfuckin circus?" He said with a smile. His language surprised me... I wasn't used to many people saying that casually.

"Oh, yes. I've loved the circus ever since I was little." I said back with a sweet smile.

"Me too." He grins.

"Do you like working here?"

"Oh, I love this place... I get to be with my motherfuckin friends again." He replied with a kind smile.

"I've always wanted to be in a circus... My parents died two years ago in a car wreck, and they always loved the circus. They got me hooked... That's why I came here tonight I guess..." I said blushing. He probably thought it was stupid... Just like all the others.

"Well shit, lil mama! We can get you a place!"

"You're kinding..." I stared at him, wide eyed. He shook his head and grinned. That's when I lost it. I jumped out of joy and let out a small squeal of happiness. I looked back at him, blushing for my outburst. He just stared blankly.

"What was that?..."

"I-I'm sorry, i was just really happy." I said blushing even more, turning away. After a few seconds, my blushing died down and I turned back to him. He looked like he was trying to make the same sound I did. I laughed as he broke down and laughed too.

"Come on lil mama. We'll fix you up real fuckin good with Hussie. Then you can all up and stay with us." He said with a smile.

He was actually going through with this... I could barely believe it... But my aunt wouldn't approve. She never really liked me going out with friends, let alone leaving with a circus. I kinda felt bad for leaving her, but she's almost 50 and she's engaged. She has people to take care of her.

"Hey motherfucker," I heard a voice say as a hand waved infront of my face. "You still with me? This is Hussie." He said, moving out of the way so I could see a man standing a few feet away from me.

"H-hello," i stuttered, offering my best smile.

"Hello. What's this all about Gamzee?" He asked looking at the clown.

Gamzee, huh? I thought. It was an awesome name. It really stood out.

"She wants to join our motherfuckin circus." He said with a smile. "Can... Can she?"

He pondered for a moment. It was slightly concerning, the way he stared at me. It was like he was looking right through me.

"I don't see why not... What can she do?"

I blushed again. I couldn't really do anything.

"W-well, I'm ok with animals... Um... I can play small songs on piano... And... Um..."

"I'm waiting," he insisted, peering into my soul.

My voice faltered, but something inside of my broke free. I was going to say it like it was.

"Ok, listen. I never feel like I belong where I am now. The circus has always been my safe place. I love the acts and the clowns and everything. I'm asking if I can come along so I'll fit in someplace. Now will you let me or not?" I said with a strong voice. Gamzee's eyes widened and he grinned.

"Fuck... Lil mama's got some spirit." He muttered.

Hussie smiled almost evily... "I like your style... You're in." He smirked.

My eyes widened and I jumped again, making the squealing noise.

"Seriously, what the fuck is that?" He asked, laughing.

I grinned. "Thank you Huss-" he lifted his hand, stopping me.

"Don't thank me yet. We still have to find what you're good for." He said coldly with an evil grin on his face. "Call the person that had planned to pick you up. Tell them you need clothes and pick out very few personal items. Understand?"

I nodded my head. He gave me a duffle bag.

"What's this?" I asked.

"It's a camping tent. We don't have a spare... 'Room'."

I nodded and looked at him again.

"Thank you."