Chapter 4

*Cynthia's POV*

"WHAT ARE YOU THINKING??" My aunt yelled, as I held my phone away from my ear.

"Please, I just need a few changes of clothes and my cellphone charger and my photo album. That's all-"

"ABSOLUTLY NOT! YOU AREN'T GOING TO LIVE WITH THE FREAKING CARNIES!"

I lowered my head. I wasn't leaving without my photo album...

"Aunt Meg, please..." Her name was Megan, but I called her Meg for short. "I found a place where I fit in and I'm going whether you like it or not... But I'd be alot happier if I had my photos with me on the way... Please." I begged.

I heard a sigh on the other end of the line.

"You're 17... So close to 18. What would your parents say? Why can't you just wait until next year?"

"Because this is the perfect chance..." I said softly. Another sigh.

"I'll bring you what you need..."

"Oh my God, thank you so much! We're at-"

"I know where to find you... I've been there before."

She hung up. I was overjoyed. This is most likely the best thing that had ever happened to me.

***

With a hug and a kiss on my forehead, Aunt Meg left. She had brought more things than expected... Six pairs of clothes, my photo album, my cell phone charger, and my favorite novel that I had forgotten about. Also some femine products we're not going to talk about. (XD) Thank God for aunts...

It was all stuffed into my backpack that I had drawn on with sharpie. She left rather quickly. Was she running away from something? No. That couldn't be it. She hated the circus. She was probably just scared.

The sun was already gone and there was no one around, leaving me alone in darkness. I silently walked to the trailors and took the duffle bag and backpack. I sat the backpack down and opened the duffle bag...

I had no idea how to pitch a tent...

I could've sworn hours went by... Well, that's what it seemed like anyways... I checked my phone and it was actually 20 minutes... A few dusk-to-dawn lights shined enough so that i could see what i was doing. Even if i had no clue how to do it. After a while, i just gave up and stubbornly wrapped the tent material around me as a blanket. Don't judge me. It works, doesn't it?

About an hour passed and i still hadn't slept... It was so uncomfortable. A heard a trailor door open and close, and i heard footsteps. I quickly closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep.  The footsteps got closer and I heard a sigh of dissaproval.

"I know you're not asleep motherfucker..."

My eyes opened and i looked up. Gamzee was standing beside of curled up body.

"Come on lil mama. I won't motherfuckin bite." He said with a smile, offering me his hand. I gratefully took it, and he pulled me to my feet. He pulled me towards a trailor with circus art painted on it. Upon closer observation, I realized the trailors were actually boxcars. Wow, these guys are pretty old fashioned.

"So you guys travel by train?"

He nodded. "Yeah, we'd travel my car, but we couldn't afford the motherfuckin trailors. Hussie thought the train was cheaper..."

He opened the door to his. This was when I realized he was still holding my hand. I blushed and when he noticed, so did he. Except... His cheeks turned purple.

It's probably from the cold. Or maybe the lighting...

He still had his horns on too... These guys must really like their costumes.

He lifted me up into the boxcar and got in after me. He closed the door, and it was quiet. I looked around and saw multiple posters of past circus advertisments. He had posters of clowns with horns like his... And random bike horns and Faygo bottles layed everywhere...

In the corner was a twin size bed. Green slime was splattered everywhere.

"It looks really cozy in here." I said with a smile. He grinned and shrugged.

"It's "home" for us now. All of us."

I smiled and he stood up.

"You can sleep in my bed tonight, lil mama. And quite possibly alot of motherfuckin nights after that... We can't afford a new box car."

"Oh no, you can keep your bed-" i began, trying to object. He held a hand up and smiled.

"It's ok lil mama. You're motherfuckin new here. You take the bed."

I sighed. "You're not going to let me object, are you?" I said, defeated.

He grinned and nodded. I guess I really couldn't complain. This was a good setup. And Gamzee didn't look half bad... But I doubt that would happen. After all, I'm just the rookie.