Chapter 13

*Cynthia's POV*

The circus was playing at a carnival tonight. Even more colors than usual surrounded the train. The fact that they were having a carnival right beside a train track was a bit dangerous, but oh well...

"Gamzee wait, you forgot these!" I yelled as he ran to catch up with the rest of the trolls. "Your clubs!"

He turned around and his eyes widen with relief. I guess he forgot the moment he told me never to touch his clubs. Oh well.

"Shit lil mama! I almost all up and near forgot!" He exclaimed while taking them and giving me a quick kiss on the cheek. He rushed to catch up and they all went inside the tent. I laughed and rushed after them, entering the tent as well. Gamzee was always so happy when he preformed. I looked around and saw that the place was packed. There wasn't an empty seat anywhere. I smiled, standing by the curtain that seperated the big top tent from the smaller tent hooked to it.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" Hussie called, starting his usual speech. I smiled and turned to walk outside. This isn't a normal thing. I usually just stay and watch, but tonight... tonight feels a bit different. I wanted to see things. I wanted to hear the sounds of laughing people. I wanted to enjoy the carnival and circus like the old me used to. But somehow... I couldn't. I wanted Gamzee by my side... I wanted him with me. I turned to go back and saw Sollux walking out, holding his eyes. He looked like he was sobbing, but I wasn't sure. I stayed in the shadows quietly.

"F-fuck..." he muttered, removing his hands from his eyes. They were dripping with yellow.

"S-sollux?" I asked quietly, stepping out of the shadows. He looked around a bit.

"Sollux... Are you alright?" I asked softly, stepping a bit closer to him.

"i'm fucking peachy... Why the fuck do you care? Just go away."

"Sollux you're bleeding..."

He sighed shakily and held his head up to where he could actually look at me. Yellow dripped from his eyes and he shook a bit. I hurried into the tent where I found some paper towels. I came back, wiping off his hands and gently dabbing his cheeks. He flinched a bit.

"Does this happen everytime you do the lightning thing?"

He nodded in reply. I sighed, continuing to dab the blood away. After a while, the show finally ended and all the trolls stepped out. Gamzee saw what I was doing and rushed over.

"Solbro, you ok?" He asked concerned. He growled a bit and stood up, storming off. "I'm fine!" He shouted. Aradia, who was just walking out, saw this and rushed after him.

"It's ok lil mama..." Gamzee said beside me. "You helped him... The rest is all up to motherfuckin him."

I nodded, hugging him. He hugged back tightly and smiled.

"Hey... Come on, I'm takin you to the carnival."

I smiled and held his hand tightly.

"Sounds like a plan."

****************************************

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT. ALSO FOR THE SHORTNESS... I STILL HAVE ANOTHER BOOK TO UPDATE OMG /.\ THANKS FOR ALL OF YOU WHO STILL WAIT FOR THESE UPDATES, I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!