Chapter 12

*Cynthia's POV*

I woke up, laying ontop of Gamzee. I laughed inwardly. I probably should've warned him I like to snuggle... He didn't seem to have a problem though, being as his arms were wrapped around my waist tightly. I smiled and layed my head back on his chest. I felt him stir a bit.

"Mmm... Cynthia?..." He mumbled sleepily.

"Yeah?"

He smiled and i felt him kiss the top of my head.

"Shit, lil mama... You should've told me you all up and liked snugglin too!" He exclaimed with a smile. He sat up, holding me in his lap.

I just giggled and went with it. He was so sweet. I nuzzled my head in his neck, smiling. I stroked his hair and he actually started purring!

"You're so adorable." I mumbled with a smile. He just chuckled.

"Nah lil mama. You're the adorable one." He said, giving me a kiss. I kissed back, wrapping my arms around his neck.

Suddenly there was a soft knock on the door. Gamzee growled a bit and looked up.

"Who is it?" He yelled, so they could hear him. The reply was barely audible, but you could still hear it.

"It's me... Karkat..."

Gamzee sat me down and walked over to the door, opening it. His eyes widened and he held a hand out for Karkat to grab.

"Come on Karbro... Come on in, we'll all up and get you fixed up again."

I saw Karkat grab his hand as Gamzee pulled him up, frowning sadly. I sat up straighter to get a glimps of Karkat. He had red tears running down his face. So red is his blood color?... Just like me. But why was he crying?

"G-gamzee there's something that i-i need to tell you..." He sobbed, whiping some tears away. Gamzee solemly nodded and waited for him to continue.

"A-after you left... I had gotten another moirail..." He struggled out, looking down. Gamzee's eyes widened in shock, then in sadness.

"I understand Karbro... I motherfuckin sucked at it... I know..." Gamzee said sadly, looking at him.

"Gamzee, you're still my f-fucking moirail." Karkat said, a bit angry. "B-but he... Kanaya told me today... He's fucking dead Gamzee..."

Gamzee pulled him into a hug, while Karkat sobbed into his shoulder.

"HE'S FUCKING DEAD!" He screamed, muffled by the fabric. I sat on the bed awkwardly, watching this happen. Who was dead? What happened?

"Who was it?" Gamzee asked quietly.

"Dave..." He replied softly, barely audible. "K-kan told me what happened... He lived a good life..." He paused for a sob. "G-got married... Had a kid... He lived a g-good fucking life..."

My eyes widened. Did he really mean Dave?... Dave as in... "Dad?"...

"Karkat... Tell me his last name..." I said quietly.

"Strider..."

I bit my lip, trying to stop the tears. This wasn't happening... Did my family really have THAT much to do with this specific circus? And what did Dad do? How did he know Karkat? Before I knew it, Karkat wasn't the only one crying anymore. Gamzee got up to give me a hug, but Karkat had beaten him to it. He had a tight hold around me as i held onto him as well. My shoulder was wet from his tears, as his was wet from mine.

"I miss him..." He mumbled.

"M-me too... He was my Dad..." I said quietly. Gamzee sat beside of us, pulling us both into a hug, which i deeply enjoyed. Karkat seemed surprised.

"O-oh... He was a great guy... Thank you both for being here for me... I... I have to go..." He mumbled with a sad smile. He stood up, hugging Gamzee ome last time before rushing out. Gamzee pulled me into another hug, petting my hair.

"It's all in the past lil mama... It's gonna motherfuckin be ok..." He mumbled, kissing my head. I nodded and buried my face in his chest.

"L-love you Gamzee..." I mumbled. He smiled gently and nodded, hugging me tighter.

"I love you too..."

He held onto me for a long time, but to be honest, i loved every minute of it. He was so sweet... I jumped a bit when I heard Hussie's voice on a megaphone.

"EVERYBODY UP AND OUT OF BED! THE TENT NEEDS TO BE TAKEN DOWN NOW! EVERYBODY UP!"

I looked up and wiped my eyes again, standing up. He got up as well and we opened the door. Gamzee jumped out of the boxcar and held his hand out to help me, but I stopped, seeing a familiar shape on the step of the car.

My phone?... I thought i had it with me...

I picked it up and placed it securely in my pocket. I hated losing my phone. I had extreme trust issues.

Gamzee's hand was still out for me to take, so I grabbed onto it and gently stepped down, smiling at him. He blushed and held my hand, smiling back. We made it to the tent and started helping out everyone else. They all seemed so... Sad...

After a while, Vriska came over to me, scratching the back of her head with her robotic arm.

"H-Hey... Um... I need your help... And you should feel pretty special because I don't usually ask people for help..."

I just rolled my eyes and frowned at her.

"Just tell me what you want."

"W-well... Your Dave's daughter, right?..."

I glared. Couldn't she tell it was a touchy topic?

"Yeah, so what?"

"Did... Did you have an uncle or something?... John?..."

"Yeah, but... We don't like to talk about him..."

"Please... I'm begging you. I just need to know where he is..."

"He's in an asylum... My parents thought he was alright, but some doctors didn't... Why-" I was cut off by her wrapping her arms around me.

"Thank you..." She mumbled, a bit embarrassed. She ran away to another part of the tent so she wouldn't have to look at me I guess...

Seriously, how the actual fuck is my family related with these guys?...