"DAWN AND THE LADY"

XXVI.
~:•:~

Dawn's POV:

"So it was just a false alarm~" Ash said while he is cleaning his guitar with a cloth.

"But even so, we went all out in search for her last night~ And not to mention that she was already at home by 8:30??" May replied back and crossed her arms before glancing to me who is sitting by the table here in the club room.

She has told Ash what has happened yesterday and last night and it seemed like she still can't believe what she and my sister has gone through because of me...

"Hm~ It was a funny story to begin with, May~" Ash told her making her to glare at him in displease.

"And my eyebugs???!" May blurted out and uncovered her eyes showing them to Ash that likely made the raven-haired boy to burst into a belly laugh.

"Eerr~! You're hopeless, Ash~! Dawn, can't you make him understand the idea I'm trying to let him know?? This best friend of yours is a total nerve wrack~" May spoke and wore her black sunglass back getting up on the floor where she was seated beside Ash and she came to sit beside me with a sigh.

"I- I'm sorry~ I know it's totally my fault why this happened to you, May." I told her guiltily.

"I'm not blaming you, Dawn~ But I don't like how Ash reacts to the story of you being missing~ Even though I thought that he declared you're his best friend before~!" May twitched an eyebrow to Ash who only looked to her innocently.

"I'm not saying that I'm not concerned though~ If it really happened that Dawn got kidnapped, I would have been worried like what you've been through, May... Like if you have let me known it last night~ But the fact that she's safe and, like what I said, it was a false alarm, doesn't give me enough reason to get worried anymore~" Ash answered and brought his maroon guitar leaning on the wall by the window before he sat beside me and parallel to May.

May huffed and only blew her hair away.

"Just remember Dawn, don't get missing like that without having us know it~" May told me pointing her index finger at my face that my eyes likely crossed with it and I only gave her a quick nod and then Ash burst into an amused chuckle.

"You're funny at times, May~ And how is it possible that Dawn can tell you when she's going to get missing??? Of course, when something's missing, you'll only realize it when it's gone and not when it's there~" And because of that, Ash received a knock on his head with the rolled paper that May was holding.

It was then that Drew entered the room and it suddenly made May to behave herself and didn't bother him. Whereas, Ash greeted him with a cheerful aura and brought his arm around his shoulder that made Drew to eye him suspiciously.

"Drew, May got an interesting story to share to you~" Ash whispered but we more likely heard it and he was obviously just trying to get on her nerves again. "Like what???" Drew lifted an eyebrow and proceeded to the stool by the keyboard and he uncovered it's linen.

"Sheesh~ You're not totally interested in gossips for sure, right, Mr. Keyboard~???!" May uttered out rolling her eyes to Drew and he only glanced at her calmly before bringing his sight back on the keys and he played.

"I heard about Dawn who's gone missing yesterday~ Two of our classmates said that they saw Locket searching for Dawn with a goddess beauty..." And both May and I were caught up with Drew.

"See~?? Even Drew is not bothered by it too much~!" Ash spoke who has just finished getting his guitar ready for him.

"And I thought you were somewhat different from the others~" I heard May muttered to her seat.