"WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE??"

LXII.
~:•:~

Third Person's POV:

As the midnight continued to rule, the cloaked person simply escaped from sight at the open cemented space and, soon enough, footsteps of responding policemen were all around the area arresting all the goons who kidnapped Dawn, Ash, and May.

Meanwhile, it was all witnessed by the same cloaked guy and he was only hiding from a certain spot behind a building watching keenly at the police as they brought the arrested goons in their vehicle and transported them to their quarters.

From where the cloaked guy was, he saw how the police managed to get the three high schoolers waking up in no time. Along with their consciousness back, a tall and slender maiden with long wavy knee-length, creamy blonde hair that covers her left eye attended to the blunette who locked each other in an embrace.

"I was so worried, Dawn~!"

"Sis~! I was so scared~!"

"Oh~ May... Ash... I'm glad you two are safe too~"

"I'm sorry Cynthia for not looking after Dawn better~!" The raven-haired boy apologized and Dawn and Cynthia stood up from their embracing position before looking at Ash.

"It's alright~ It's not your fault, Ash~" Dawn told him and he only weakly smiled before Dawn was caught up with May who was hooked up looking at a certain direction. It was the direction where May last saw the cloaked guy disappeared to earlier and she's still bothered by it.

"May... Thanks for saving me~" Dawn told her.

"Don't sweat it~ We're friends and also a band~ We'll aid each other no matter what~" May told her picking up her red bandana which wore off during her combat with the cloaked guy.

"Ash~ Here~ I was able to grab it when I saw it on the way out when I was taken by that scary cloaked person~ I thought I'll never see you guys again~"

And the raven-haired boy received the red cap from the blunette before they were led to a police car waiting for them.

"Don't cry anymore, Dawn~ Next time, no one's getting their hands on you again~!" Ash declared and Cynthia comforted her sister on their way to the police car and it was obvious that they were already weak and tired of all that has happened to them.

"May~! Let's go~"

May was taken aback after she heard Ash calling her at the police car and she was escorted by a policeman knowing that she was also weak and worn out.

"Hm~" The cloaked guy smirked after the police cars have driven off and left the area after it was cleared out.

He clicked a button on a device worn on his ear and a voice spoke from it.

"I have decided to leave the girl be since the police just came on cue..." The cloaked guy spoke up after hearing who's on the other end.

"Roger that.... We'll leave it to the police this time and we'll take our opportunity next time~" Says the voice from the other end of the line.

"Right~ I'm going back immediately~ I'll reconnect to you later again~" And the call was ended before the cloaked guy retreated from the place and gone in the shadows bearing the mystics of his title as the Mystic Midnight Menace.