Chapter Thirteen

I could barely bring myself to open my eyes. Even when the sheer and excruciating sessions of the tasing kept going.

"You're still not going to wake up?", the interrogator questioned. "Fine then. I will see to it that your friend is promptly corrected-"

"No!", I immediately panicked, thinking of Yuri's safety. Even when it defied my training, I couldn't leave her to be tormented by these bastards. "Don't..."

The man in question, who wore a tight respirator that perfectly fit his facial structure along with a dark, large, untied trench coat, sighed in relief.

"Finally. I don't want to be speaking to myself here.", he spoke, his voice amplified electronically by his respirator. "We know you have been in contact with one of the capital Warships. Who is commanding it? How much manpower?"

"You really think it's that easy, huh?", I remarked, defiant to my entire situation. "Good luck. You're better off letting me towards my partner."

"Hm.", he hummed in slight frustration. "My temper does not last long, Imperial. But, if that is what it takes to spit it out of you, then so be it."

He yanked me off the chair, before walking me along a dim, dismal hallway, with Guardian soldiers talking to each other, while looking at me with disgust and hatred. One of them was coughing in their helmet, before detaching their breather from it, exposing a bloody, yellowish, and disturbingly dry mouth.

"Get him out of here.", snarked a passerby, before he suddenly slammed his metallic, cold fist right onto my cheek, almost ripping my head off my neck. Ringing tortured my right ear as I reeled and clenched my teeth.

Next stop was the cafeteria, and it was more like a homeless shelter, except with bland, non-nutritious food that was almost out of stock. Crewmen were lined up in one massive conglomeration that stretched across the entire room, some clearly starving to death, while others thought their severe hunger was normal. I looked at myself.

There was no hope to a resistance on the Guardians' homeworld. This was their day-to-day life, starving, waiting for just a scrap of food, which was barely more than a small slab of meat. Maybe it was even worse back on their planet.

The problems surrounding the cafeteria's atmosphere soon faded and weren't worrying to me anymore. We headed into a hallway, before the interrogator then turned a corner. We were just about to go into an elevator, with a few guards walking in to make sure I wasn't going to try anything. Right after we got inside, the trooper on the left walked over to the controls before turning to the interrogator.

"The tenth floor. Bridge.", he simply told him.

The guard keyed in the floor, and the doors immediately shut together, before the smoking, industrial elevator began to climb. The soldiers looked at me, and I could feel anger and hatred boiling from beneath their helmets, before turning to the interrogator, and then back to the upcoming door. I didn't say anything, and just kept looking down.

The elevator shaft then ground to a loud, shrill halt, with sparks flying from the corner wheels that drove it. The next doorway opened up, and I was tossed out of the elevator by four pairs of rubbery hands, before being yanked along by the awaiting soldiers.

"Go.", one of them simply instructed me, before I was recklessly dropped and slammed onto the metallic, hard, and cold floor. "The Supercommander is waiting for you."

I stood up on my two feet before turning the corner, only to see the Supercommander himself, Nadul, face to face. His authoritative, fanatical presence didn't drill into me. Not one bit. If he wanted to prove he was the Supercommander, he'll have to do it in a trial by fire, the ancient Imperial custom.