Chapter 9

Abel:
I pulled up to the office and rolled my eyes when I saw Bri's car in the parking lot.

"Jesus Christ." I mumbled as I got out of the car. "I can't get rid of this fucking girl."

I put my cigarette out and flicked it on to the ground as I walked into the building. I took the elevator up to the fifth floor and assumed she would be bugging Lamar so I started to head towards his office but froze when I walked past Zhade's office and saw Bri sitting in a chair talking with her.

"Look, there he is!" Zae smiled and waved me into her room. "We were just talking about you."

"What about me?" I asked as I walked into the room.

"Bri was telling me how you guy's two year anniversary is coming up and what she has planned for you."

I rose my brow as I looked at Bri. "How are we gonna celebrate an anniversary when we're not even together?"

"Don't be like that Abel..." She pouted at me. "We're just going through a rough patch right now but we're gonna work it out."

"Why would I wanna work it out? You told me you-"

"Can we talk about this privately?"

"Go wait in the conference room, I'll be there in a second."

"But-"

"I said go, now."

She got up and brushed past me as she walked out of the room.

Zhade laughed as she stood up and walked over to me.

"I love how you're so dominant with her." She said as she ran her hand up my chest and gently wrapped it around my neck. "But then you get around me and melt into a puddle."

I seriously couldn't control the way my body reacted when I was around Zhade and she loved every second of it. It was like as soon as she walked into a room, I immediately became her bitch but no one else noticed. Only she could pick up on my change in demeanor and smirk as I continued to front like I had a tough exterior until we were alone.

"I can't help it..."

"Yeah, I know." She smiled and kissed my cheek then turned to go back to her desk. "I've got some good news."

"What is it?"

"My clothes went into production this morning."

"Which means they'll be ready for fashion week, right?"

"Yup."

She opened a folder on her desk, pulled something out then walked back over to me.

"This is for you." She smiled as she handed it to me. "The first ticket to the first Zealous by Zhade fashion show."

"I'll be there front and center."

"You want another ticket for your lil girlfriend?"

I rolled my eyes. "Hell no."

She laughed. "I want to talk to you some more about an idea I have but I'll let you go since she's waiting."

"Okay, well I'll be in the studio later if you wanna swing by."

"I'll think about it."

I left out her office and walked down the hall to the conference room where Bri was sitting by herself on her phone.

"Bri, why did you come here?"

"Because you weren't answering your phone and I wanted to talk to you!" She whined. "You said you were gonna call me and never did."