eight

..••°°°°••..

like destiny, falling

°

chanyeol paced around the waiting room, trying to calm himself. he prayed jimin was okay as he was his brother-in-law, and was the one who had last seen chaeyoung.

"you need to relax," irene directed as she leaned against the wall, arms crossed as she stared at chanyeol. "you won't be able to think straight."

before chanyeol could reply, jisoo walked out from the infirmary alongside suho. he hurriedly walked to them, asking out, "how is he? tell me he's alive, please. he's the only one that can possibly know where chaeyoung is."

suho sighed, "he's alive, unfortunately, he's in a coma."

"what?" chanyeol's eyes widened. "what do you mean he's a coma? he can't be!"

"chanyeol, you must calm down," jisoo directed sternly. "jimin suffered blunt injuries to the head, and his oxygen levels were pretty low, it's a miracle he's still with us."

chanyeol looks down at the ground, swallowing the lump in his throat as he asked, "is he going to ever wake up?"

jisoo sighed, averting her eyes elsewhere. "kyungsoo and i estimated that there's a 10% chance of jimin waking up. and even if he were to wake up, it's unlikely he would be able to remember the events that happened before he went unconscious."

chanyeol felt like his whole world was crumbling. the angry hot tears rolled down his cheek as he clenched his hands into fists. he was infuriated with himself because the people he cared about were in danger. his brother-in-law may never wake up and his love may never return.

"suho," jaebum called out from behind. suho turns to face jaebum, surprised. he hadn't expected jaebum to arrive so soon as he was dealing business down south at mokpo.

"jaebum," suho greeted. "i wasn't expecting you to arrive so soon. i would love to have greeted you differently but we're having quite a rough time right now."

"ah, well i'm glad i came earlier than expected," jaebum mused. "i think you'll be delighted to know that we found information regarding chaeyoung's disappearance and jimin's attackers."

everyone in the room froze as they listened to jaebum. they were confused and shocked, to say the least. how could jaebum possibly know?

jaebum chuckled, "i sent jackson, bambam and youngjae down to seoul while i stayed back at mokpo. it just so happened that one of my associates saw jimin running from a group of men. my associate reported it to jackson as soon as he could."

"and how are you so sure it was jimin?" irene asked. "you didn't see him."

jaebum smirks before taking a usb flash drive from his pocket. he throws it to suho who quickly catches it. "inside that flash drive is the recordings bambam was able to infiltrate from public cameras that caught jimin running from three men. unfortunately, there is none that shows when chaeyoung is taken, but if i were to guess, i would say the same men that attacked jimin were chaeyoung's kidnappers."

°°••....••°°