Listen

After a little time, I was back in my old prison. I felt a lot stronger than before, but not for a specific reason. I was completely calm. Dio stopped once we were inside the building and let go of my hand. I cross my arms in front of my chest.

"I'm back but why should I stay?" My voice was strong, not shivering anymore. Dio turned around, facing me. He looked a little confused.
"I gave you my hand and I came here. But I don't see you giving me what I desire. I'm not in for your games, Dio. Either you give me what I desire or I'm gonna leave." My voice was loud and clear. It wasn't forced, he didn't intimidate me like usual. At least that was what I thought. 

Before I could even take another breath he was standing right in front of me. One of his hands was under my chin, forcing me to look at him. My breath got a little short.

"Then what do you want? What is it, that drives you? What is it, that would make you happy?... What is the thing you desire most? Tell me and I, Dio, shall give it to you." I bit my lip before looking him in the eyes, talking clearly.
"I want you, Dio. I desire you." A little smirk formed on his face. His face was leaning in more, he started to close his eyes as our breaths brushed against the lips of each other. 

"Wait." I could feel my lips brushing against his as I said that. Dio opened his almost completely closed eyes again.

"Fuck off with that." After that sentence, he just furrowed his eyebrows confused.

"I said I desire and want you. I want you to have feelings for me. True feelings. Not the shit your playing." With that, I turned my head a little to the side so our lips won't touch again.
"Let me guess, you can't give me that?" A cunning grin was on my face.

Did it feel good to outsmart the devil? Yes, it did.
Go die you stupid lying bastard. 

He grabbed my chin, again forcing me to look at him. He pressed his lips on mine. I growled.

Does he think I'm stupid?

I opened my mouth a little in the kiss, biting hard on his bottom lip until I could feel a little taste of iron in my mouth. Dio's eyes sprung open as he removes his lips from mine. The hand that was on my chin now grabbed my shoulder, making sure I won't run away. The other hand was on his bleeding bottom lip in disbelief.

"Are you completely dumb, you little slu-..." He interrupted himself. His eyes filled with rage, but he still tried to stay calm.

"Why did you bite me?" His voice was dripping with anger, but he wasn't screaming. His grip on my shoulder was extremely tense, almost hurtful. I guess he had a hard time trying to stay calm.
"I already told you I won't fall for your game. If you try seduction then don't do it so cheaply."

"I don't try anything, woman!" His voice got louder, he wasn't screaming but he never talked this loud before. The tone his voice had didn't make sense for me either.

"I... Listen, I do..." He growled after that. I raised an eyebrow, starting to notice the little pink color that appeared on his cheeks. Dio's lip wasn't bleeding any more. I didn't even notice how it healed. 

Dio wrapped his one arm around my waist, pressing me against his body. His other hand rested on the back of my head, pressing it against his chest.
"Hey! What do you-"

"Just... Listen."
His voice was quiet again, but it was much quieter than before. It was obvious that he had some sort of struggle, but why? I kept quiet, listening as he told me. I could hear his heartbeat. It was pretty fast.

Was that normal for vampires?
Or more: Do vampires or other undead things have a beating heart? But it would make sense, he could bleed and eat just like we humans.