Chapter 17

Neon

As the moment stretched on, I kept growing more and more anxious. None of the guards are informing me of Jade's whereabouts. The thought, somehow made me sigh, of course none of them would dare to inform me. But I was holding on the fact that there are no negative reactions and news yet. Maybe, there are also waiting, still.

I was internally debating if I should make a move to ask. But something in the corner of my mind was against it. Pride? Yes, perhaps that was it.

My eyes went on the clock hanging on the wall. It was almost seven in the morning and the hotel room remains silent.

"Eliza," I called the maid after a few passing minutes, to ask her if I could go out the building to shop. But before I could even speak my intentions the sound of an angrily opened door rung around the place.

My attention went from Eliza to the furious figure storming inside my room, and I wasn't able to mask my shock from the presence.

She stopped at the foot of my bed, her tear-filled eyes glaring at me with both anger and sadness.

"Jade." Was the only word I was able to utter, her name. I met her eyes, confusion rose to the forefront of my thoughts but then it slowly came to me. The reason for her to be here.

She was blaming me.

A single tear fell from my eyes when the thought came to me. I wanted to say, I am sorry. But the words never left my mouth.

"Neon." She hissed with such control. Her anger was obvious, but her voice broke, and from her eyes I could see all her efforts to contain herself.

"W-What are you doing here?" I stuttered to ask, but my words had seemed to anger her more.

It was spontaneous, one moment I was sitting on my bed and she was holding me the next. Her hands grasping tightly at the collar of my shirt.

"You..." She spat, her voice cracking with her pain and her anger.

"Tocino, Ivlenkov, Baise..." She hissed, names. The bodyguards' that have lost. I could see her grief and sorrow and pain. Her eyes were red from all the tears freely falling from them. Her breathing was hitched and I could see the way she desperately filled her lungs with her much needed oxygen. "D-Dalzollene." She stuttered the name of another father figure that she lost because of me.

Guilt filled me, as I desperately tried to avoid her eyes. All I could do was to look down and I felt my own tears cascading down my cheeks.

"I-I'm sorry." I whispered low under my breath, I thought she wouldn't hear. But then I felt her grip tightening indicating that she actually did.

There was sudden movement, but I wasn't paying attention to my surrounding.

"Jade, that's enough." A familiar voice was saying in a calm and warning tone. The distance of the voice was close, and I finally looked up and the sight that welcomed me made me gasped.

"J-Jade..." I stuttered, a tear falling from my eyes as I stare at her shaking figure. She was mad, but I had never thought she'd think of hurting me. Her left hand was still grabbing at my collar, but her right fist was raised as if about to punch me. Squala was beside us, his own hand grabbing my sister's fist. "You're g-going to p-punch me?" I asked, disbelieving.

"You're going to hurt me?" This time my tears fell from my eyes uncontrollably. My chest tightened, and soon I was gasping—desperately—for oxygen.

I had always known that she hated me, but facing it, and the thought that she loathed me to the point of physically hurting me was dreadfully painful.

"You hate me that lot?" I whispered the question intending for her—her alone—to hear. For a moment, I wanted to believe the split second that her eyes softened before it went blank, it was gone as soon as I noticed.

Her grip at the collar of my shirt loosened just enough for Squala to be able to pull her away and create distance between the two of us. No one else spoke, as I watch her let the bodyguard whisk her away from my room. Before the door closes, I met her tear-filled eyes and mouthed, "I'm sorry."

To be continued...