six.

six and a half months since boy met girl

cecile doesnt know how she ended up here. she was in mid central park surrounded by families and tourists, and there she was accompanied by nick, timothee, and lana. they were all sitting on the grass, on top of a large towel with fruits and snacks between them.

she didnt think this plan would go through, just thought it was a suggestion that would simply die out and be forgotten. unfortunately, when it got brought up to nick, he agreed. he seemed relieved and overjoyed to hear that lana and timothee were dating.

it started when she was having her usual lunch with timothee after class one afternoon. over the last couple weeks timothee and lana had gotten much closer, and were now officially dating.

this annoyed cecile for some unknown reason. she thought it was just because he would always be busy with lana and couldnt hang out. it felt like the only time they got to spend together was during class and lunch afterwards.

although it really just became class and the walk over to the pizzeria, as lana works there and would always coincidentally have her break right when the two of them arrived. now lunch included lana.

cecile liked lana. she was her friend too in the beginning, but now it felt like lana was just her best friends girlfriend instead. they still got along well, but there was a certain tension that came as lana and timothee started getting closer.

"hey, cecile, how is nick?" lana asked, changing the subject.

ceciles eyebrows furrowed, "uh, yeah hes alright. always busy with work, you know how it is."

lana nodded with a smile. "of course," she paused, "you know what, timmy and i were actually going to go have a picnic saturday evening, you and nick should totally come! it could be a double date."

ceciles eyes widened, "oh i dont know-"

"wouldnt that be fun sweetie?" lana interrupted, turning to timothee. he looked like he didnt know what to say, or if he should say anything at all. he glanced between the two girls a couple times.

"yeah," he locked eye contact with cecile, "really, you should both come."

timothee knew it wouldnt happen, hoped really. the last time nick and timothee held a pleasant conversation was when they ran into each other multiple weeks ago. they only exchanged a few words before cecile dragged nick away with a sympathetic smile towards timothee.