eight.

8 ½ months since boy met girl

timothee watched her as she smiled up at the man he knew didn't deserve the love of this sweet girl. He has only known cecile for nearly nine months and through it all, he couldn't deny the strong protectiveness he had over her. He loved her so much, never having a friendship quite like this.

friends, that's all they are. it's been a few weeks since lana's birthday party where he almost kissed cecile while she was on a break from nick. they both have barely seen each other since. luckily for them, they got another class together in the new semester, but that's the only time he got to see her.

he didn't know that cecile and nick were on good terms, the last thing he knew was that she was terribly upset with him. obviously, he missed out on something while looking at them.

she hasn't noticed timothee yet, instead, her focus was totally on the boy in front of her. nick had his arms tightly around cecile, his nose against her cheek as he whispered in her ear.

surprisingly, in the last two weeks, nick has really showed his matureness. cecile had decided to give him another chance and continue dating him, but there were some ground rules set. first, he can't stay at her house every night anymore, that only ever caused fights and they weren't ready for that. sure, at one time during their relationship they were at the point where they wouldn't mind staying at each other's places for a week or two at a time, but they have changed.

another rule she set was that he would try to be sober longer at a time. she, of course, knew he needed help through that and she was always there for him. she told him that at any moment he feels the need to use he would call her and talk to her. it has only been two weeks, but compared to a few months ago he has been doing great, and cecile can only ask for so much.

really, during this makeup time, they have never been closer. she feels like a teenager in high school again, which is what she loved at the beginning of their relationship. Nick has undoubtedly been treating her well and with respect.

they go on dates again and watch movies that they can both enjoy. their time isn't spent only having sex like before, instead, they share kisses and meet for lunch when they both are busy during the day.

cecile honestly couldn't be happier.

although she hasn't seen her best friend in a while, timothee that is. she still talks to vera almost every day, never being able to fall asleep without a message or phone call with her. this used to be how it was between her and timothee, but since the party, they have only spoken short sentences in class.

she didn't want that, obviously, but she didn't know where she stood with him. the time they shared at the party was scary but nice. she didn't know what was happening when they almost kissed, but what took her the most off guard is the fact that she wanted to kiss him. she's never felt like that before.