Chapter 11

'Once upon a time an angel and a devil fell in love...it was a terrible decision' - Andrew Smailes

xxxxxx

Katherine, Lisa and Amy stood in the living room of their house and watched as power bounced off of the second shield. Lisa was watching out of the window as flames crawled up their defence system. She could see a silhouette of Lucifer outside. She let the curtain drop back and turned to her sisters. 'It looks like he's alone.' She told them.

'He probably only had enough energy to get himself back.' Katherine said. 'That's why the power from this prophecy is so important to him.'

'I hate this.' Amy said, fiddling with the potion bottles in her hands.

'I know.' Katherine said. 'But it'll be over soon.' Just as she said that, the second shield was penetrated. It sent another shockwave through the house.

'Okay, one more layer to go.' Lisa said nervously. 'How long until the eclipse is over Kath?'

'An hour, give or take a few minutes.' She said.

'Shit.' Lisa said. 'It's too far away.'

'Yeah.' Katherine agreed. A blast of fire hit the shield around the windows of their living room. Katherine stumbled as Lisa gripped onto the back of the chair for support. Some books flew from shelves and photos crashed from the walls. 'Ready guys?' Katherine asked. 'It's not going to hold.'

'Love the confidence.' Lisa grinned at her.

'We're ready.' Amy said, planting her feet on the ground. The windows were blown in a moment later, a ball of fire heading right for them. Katherine put out her hands and deflected the blast back the way it came. Lucifer was crawling in through the window and it hit him in the chest. He had just made it into the living room when the blast hit him and he stumbled backwards, crashing into the already destroyed window.

'He doesn't look like Noah any more.' Amy pointed out. It was true. His skin had turned a dark shade of red and yellow claws were protruding from his hands. He was still on fire all the way up his legs and arms, his hair a big fiery mess. As he recovered from the blast his hair caught the curtains and set them on fire.

'Hey, watch the curtains.' Lisa yelled at him.

'Don't worry, it burns out quickly.' He replied. And it did. Almost immediately the fire snuffed itself out.

'Neat trick.' Katherine said.

'Thanks.' Lucifer replied, his eyes scanning the room. 'Where are they?'

'Where's who?' Lisa looked to Katherine and Amy as if confused.

'I have no idea.' Amy confirmed.

'Enough!' Lucifer yelled, sending a blast of air towards them which went right through Katherine's block and sent them crashing into the far wall. Lisa rolled over onto her front and started pushing herself up.

'At least I know I can't block everything.' Katherine said before turning to Amy who was picking herself up. 'Maybe go and tell Dani the plan is a go now.'

'You got it.' Amy said. She scurried away quickly, rounding the corner before Lucifer could get another attack off.

'Running away already?' He snarled.

'Oh don't worry, we still want to fight, don't we Kath?' Lisa said as she and Katherine stood together.

'Definitely.' Katherine agreed. She watched dark veins crawl up Lisa's arms until the darkness filled her eyes. She turned to Lucifer and he actually looked shocked.