26 | NO PAIN NO GAIN

LEN

LEN

"If you keep opening that box every five minutes, you're going to ruin the zip, and I'm not going to have another one to give you," I said, watching as Adyen struggled to close his travel luggage for the fifth time.

"I was just checking if I had everything," he insisted, pulling the zip one last time before getting off the green box. He wandered over to before taking a seat beside me on my bed. He gave me a small smile before resting his back on the bed. His weight sunk the bed foam a bit, and his nightshirt rode high on his chest enough for me to see his navel.

"Tomorrow..." I trailed, reaching out to touch his hair.

Adyen grinned up at me. "Tomorrow," he repeated, and I hummed.

The last exam he had to write for the semester was tomorrow, and immediately after that Adyen would be leaving for the airport. My apartment was closer to the airport lane, so he came over to drop his things and spend the night at my place. My roommates had left to take a run in their wolf forms and wouldn't be back until late in the morning.

"Are you excited?" I asked, lying down in bed too. I was on my side, so I got a good look at Adyen's face when he rolled his eyes at me and snorted.

"Of course, I am," he said, rolling to his side too. "I'm nervous too," he added in a smaller voice and I gave him a small smile before reaching out to cup his cheek. He took small breaths, reaching out to hold the hand I had on his face. My wolf was happy with the contact and was giddy for more. My face warmed up at the thought, and I tried my best not to stare at Adyen too much. He would be gone tomorrow, and it was going to test my wolf's tolerance time distance.

"Hey," he started, making me blink.

"Hmm?" I hummed, watching as Adyen scooted closer to me until our thighs were touching.

"Your roommates aren't here, right?" he asked, and I nodded, feeling my face warm up as a grin spread through his face.

"You know, tomorrow's the last day of exams." He touched my chest through my clothes, drawing invisible likes as he moved closer to me. "And I'm going to be gone and not here for a while," he added. I remained quiet, and just listening to the blood rushing through my eyes. Adyen was beating about the bush and I could guess why.