PARK JIMIN

I tossed and turned all night, unable to shake thoughts of meeting Jimin the next day. It was surreal; the same guy who had been all gung-ho about hiring me now had me questioning everything. The whole situation was getting weirder by the minute.

The next morning, I dragged myself out of bed early and threw on my best threads: a white silk shirt, a snazzy black tie, straight black pants, and a matching blazer. This job wasn't just a want, it was a need. And despite the oddness of the whole hiring process, I had no choice but to roll with it, given my financial situation.

Skipping breakfast, I made my way to Park Enterprises, sweating bullets with nerves. But I took a deep breath and pushed through the door, giving myself a pep talk. Before I could even ask for directions, Ms. Michelle, the assistant from yesterday, swooped in.

Finally, Jimin's assistant led me to his cabin, which was decked out like something out of a rich person's Pinterest board. I plopped down in one of the chairs, feeling out of place as I waited for Jimin to show up. The whole vibe was way fancier than what I was used to.

As I sat there nervously twiddling my thumbs, I couldn't help but wonder what Jimin was going to say. Would he rescind the job offer? Tell me it was all a mistake? Or maybe he'd offer me some kind of explanation for the sudden change of heart.

Just as I was lost in my thoughts, the door swung open, and in walked Jimin. He looked a bit disheveled, like he'd just run a marathon or something. But hey, who was I to judge? Maybe rich people have different morning routines or something.

"Sorry for being late," Jimin said, straightening up his appearance a bit. "I'm not usually one to keep people waiting, but today was... hectic, to say the least."

I nodded, trying to play it cool despite the butterflies in my stomach. "No worries, Mr. Park. I'm just glad to be here."

Jimin gave me a once-over before launching into some serious talk about the job. It was a bit intense, to be honest. He talked about living together, following his orders without question, and all that jazz. But desperate times call for desperate measures, right? And I definitely needed the paycheck.

So, without missing a beat, I told him I was in. After all, what did I have to lose? Well, besides my sanity, that is.

A smirk danced across Jimin's face, his eyebrow quirking as if he was teasing me. "Brave! Well then, there's a car waiting for you outside, and James, the driver, will take you home. I want you to pack your stuff and..." Jimin's sentence was cut short by a call. "I really have to take this call, Jungkook. James will fill you in," he said before leaving the room.

"I hope I don't regret this," I muttered to myself as I exited the cabin.

Outside, a man greeted me, "Hello, Mr. Jeon. I'm James, your driver for today."
"Oh, Mr. Park mentioned you," I replied.

He smiled casually, gesturing towards an expensive-looking car. "Shall we, sir?"
"Wait! That's the car you're taking me in?!" I asked, astonished.
"Yes, sir!" James replied.

"Maybe it wasn't such a bad decision to work here," I mumbled under my breath as I descended the stairs. James held the door open for me, and for the first time in a while, I felt a sense of dignity.

Seated in the car, James began driving. He was supposed to take me home, but I hadn't told him where I lived. I had lied about my address on my resume because I didn't want anyone to know I was poor. Is he taking me to the wrong address?

I was too embarrassed to say anything and just sat there, resigned to whatever awaited.

"Mr. Park asked me to tell you a few things, sir. I'll take you home, and you'll have three hours to pack your stuff before we leave for Mr. Park's house. You'll start working tonight!" James said.
"I will... what?!? Three damn hours? Tonight?? I can't believe this! This is bullshit!" I exclaimed in disbelief.

James kept smiling, ignoring my outburst. After about 15 minutes, he finally stopped the car at my house. My actual house! The right address.

"This job, the employees, and Jimin couldn't get any more suspicious than this. Who told them my address?! Am I being stalked??" I wondered as I stepped out of the car and into my house, trying to convince myself that I had made the right choice.

I walked in and saw my mom sitting on the couch, knitting. Tears welled up in my eyes as I realized I was leaving her alone. But I needed the money for her sake, even if it pained me.

Informing her about the job, I told her I was supposed to leave in three hours.

"Three hours?? What are you relaxing here for then? Let's get packing. Jungkook-ah, you can't be late!..." she said, holding me close. "I love you. And don't worry about me, I'll be fine. I want you to do this job."

Wiping my tears, I nodded. We packed my bags, and after exactly three hours, James called out for me, "Mr. Jeon, we have to leave." I bid my mom farewell and left, quietly crying throughout the journey to Jimin's house. Was this really the right decision?

When we arrived, Jimin wasn't even home. "What the hell is wrong with him? He asks me not to be late, but the only one who's late is him!" I thought to myself, frustrated. If only I could say this out loud.

James and I stood at the gates of the mansion for a good ten minutes before I saw a figure approaching. As he came closer, I realized it was Jimin, his coat disheveled and stained with blood.

"Hello, sir!" I greeted him as he finally reached us.
"Oh, Jungkook!" he said, short of breath. "I'm sorry for being this late. I really didn't mean to. My nest... I mean, I was stuck in traffic and... never mind. You're here, and that's what matters. Let's go in, Jungkook, I'll lead the way."

  -•-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-