The Book (last part)

Luck was indeed on my side that night-the leader was alone, weakened from his prolonged thirst for human blood. With my heart pounding, I grabbed the machete from the floor, its weight reassuring in my hand.
Without wasting a moment, I swung it with all my strength, cleanly beheading him in one swift motion.
But as I stood there, adrenaline coursing through my veins, I knew my victory was precarious. The silence that followed was ominous, a prelude to the storm I knew would soon descend upon me. And then, just as I prepared to make my escape, the heavy wooden door creaked open, revealing a group of vampires, led by none other than Kim Taehyung, the son of Kim Seokjin.
Their arrival sent a shiver down my spine, but I steeled myself for whatever fate awaited me. Kim Taehyung's smug expression only added to the tension in the room as I braced myself for the worst. Yet, to my astonishment, they made no move to harm me. Instead, they allowed me to leave unscathed, their motives shrouded in mystery as I fled from the mansion, my mind reeling with questions and uncertainties.

As time passed, the memory of the vampires faded into the background, and life seemed to return to normal. But on October 13, 1995, the day my son, Park Jimin, was to be born, everything changed once again. Just when my life felt complete, it threatened to crumble before my eyes.
Emerging from the operating theater, the doctors presented me with my newborn son.
He was a perfect little bundle, his tiny hand wrapping around my finger as if he already knew me. In that moment, holding him in my arms, I felt a surge of overwhelming joy— was the happiest man alive.
"Can I see my wife?" | asked eagerly, eager to share this momentous occasion with her.
But as the doctor removed his surgical mask, revealing his face, my heart sank. It was Kim Taehyung, the leader of the vampires. Alarm bells rang in my mind, and I knew something was terribly wrong.
Despite the joy of my son's birth, my thoughts were consumed by fear for my wife. I loved her more than life itself, and I would stop at nothing to ensure her safety.

My heart pounded in my chest as
Taehyung's chilling words hung in the air.
The ultimatum was clear-surrender my son or watch my wife meet a grisly fate. I glanced down at Jimin, cradled in my arms, his innocent eyes oblivious to the danger surrounding him.
"I won't kill your son, but I will kill your wife.
The choice is yours," Taehyung's voice echoed in the room, his gaze flickering towards my wife, who lay helpless on the hospital bed.
Torn between the love for my wife and the instinct to protect my son, I knew I had no choice but to hand him over. With a heavy heart and trembling hands, I relinquished Jimin to Taehyung's grasp, feeling a pang of guilt for not being able to shield my own flesh and blood from danger.

    -•-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-