The Book (1)

My name is Park Myungsoo, and I am the proud father of my son, Park Jimin.

In our world, secrets abound, often dismissed as mere myths or fabrications. Yet, sometimes, truth emerges from the shadows, undeniable and stark.

As a sheriff in my small town, I found solace in my duty, especially with my trusted partner, Kim Namjoon, by my side. His brilliance, his charm, and his unwavering support mirrored the brother I had lost at a young age, leaving an indelible mark on my heart.

Then, Seoyeon entered my life, a beacon of beauty and grace. With her, I found completeness, her presence a testament to the blessings life could bestow. My love for her and my dedication to my work created a sense of perfection I never thought possible.

Every case we tackled, Namjoon and I conquered together, a formidable duo against any challenge—until March 19th, 1987. Assigned to a case on Boston Street, we encountered a grisly murder that defied all logic. The victim, a young woman, lay lifeless in her apartment, devoid of blood, yet bearing strange, serpent-like markings upon her skin.

 The victim, a young woman, lay lifeless in her apartment, devoid of blood, yet bearing strange, serpent-like markings upon her skin

As Namjoon combed through every snake-related tome, I pondered the chilling absence of blood, a puzzle without a solution.

Then, Namjoon uttered words that shattered my disbelief—a vampire. I laughed, dismissing his theory as the stuff of fiction, but his unwavering seriousness gave me pause. His home revealed a wall adorned with evidence, a timeline of similar cases spanning decades, each as baffling as the last.

Despite my skepticism, I found myself drawn into Namjoon's conviction,

"I have heard from the mad woman down the street that there is a vampire nest in the woods. You and I shall go there tomorrow night and eliminate every single vampire. Alright?" Namjoon's voice carried a grave determination, his words punctuated by the weight of our impending mission.

The "mad woman" who resided down the street was known for her eccentricities, often dismissed as a drunken fool. Her ramblings about summoning demons and sightings of ghosts earned her scorn and ridicule from the villagers. Among her dire warnings, tales of vampires lurking in the shadows seemed the most absurd. Yet, despite the community's skepticism, Namjoon's unwavering trust in her words hinted at a deeper truth lurking beneath her seemingly delusional facade.

I hesitated, but the gravity of the situation compelled me to agree. After all, in a world filled with secrets, sometimes the unimaginable holds the key to understanding.