Think Both Sides

I've said it,
And will say it again.

We can't always think the positive side.
We have to be cautious in everything.
It is not being paranoid.
It is being ready.

Thinking only the positive side makes you fall deeper into depression, why? Because you believed that everything will be OK and everything will always turn out to be OK. I'll snap the reality to you. Stop dreaming because we don't live in a fairytale.

How is that?

When you believed in that and kept holding into that kind of belief, it's almost like the vision of 'que sera sera'. What ever comes after, comes.
Without getting yourself ready into the outcomes of anything you do.

What if you thought that what you did will have a great outcome and you've already put yourself into it hundred percent but it turned the opposite of what you'd expected? You're not ready; didn't make any alternative plans, you have already failed big time. What if it costs you your entire career, money, life, family, friends, everything. You lost them because of your stupid fairytale-like belief.

If you think both sides; the positive and negative sides, you can plan ahead of time. Got yourself ready on whatever the outcome is. You'll be confident enough to make another move if you failed the first time.

So now.... Tell me why can't I think the negative side as I think of the positive one?