Chapter 2: New Faces

Narrator Pov.

After the quick and unexpected death that surrounded them, (Y/n) and his friends stood shocked not knowing what to do next. That is until (Y/n) suddenly collapses and a distant helicopter is heard.

Jace Pov.

I breathe a sigh of relief as I hear the rumble of a helicopter quickly making its way to us. But, my relief is cut short as I hear (Y/n)'s body fall to the ground a few feet behind me. I turn just in time to catch Jess trying to get to (Y/n).

"Step back Jess." I say sternly as I point the gun at her, aiming for her head before moving my sights down to her chest. I feel as everyone looks at me with a mixture of fear and anger, "W-what are you doing?!" Emma asks, her fear quickly dissipating and being replaced with rage as she steps forward ready to disarm me. I stay quiet for a moment, trying to figure out how to tell them I'd have to kill them if they went near (Y/n), even if I didn't want to do so, "I can't let any of you near (Y/n). Those are my orders..." I say sadly as I keep my eyes moving between everyone but never making eye contact with them.

Luckily, I don't have to avoid their gaze for too long as two transport helicopters start circling our position. Everyone in the group looks up to the helicopters incredibly confused, "Everyone! Just listen to what they say and you'll be alright!" I shout over the deafening sound of the helicopters as one starts landing not too far from us. Coming out of the helicopter is several armed soldiers who start forming a perimeter of the area, along with three familiar faces who start walking towards me.

The person in front of the group is wearing an extremely revealing black cloak that showed her large curves to the world but, she ignores it and dons a bright smile. Most people around the base know her as the first successful genetically enhanced soldier but her friends simply call her Kate.

Next to her was a smaller Hyena in a navy blue tactical sleeveless hoodie which seemed too big for him and a pair of tan cargo pants with a white lab jacket lazily tied around his waist

Next to her was a smaller Hyena in a navy blue tactical sleeveless hoodie which seemed too big for him and a pair of tan cargo pants with a white lab jacket lazily tied around his waist. Now, I don't know him personally even though he's tried really hard to make me feel comfortable around him but, I'd rather refer to him formally: Anthony Price, Head Scientist of Gene Research.

 Now, I don't know him personally even though he's tried really hard to make me feel comfortable around him but, I'd rather refer to him formally: Anthony Price, Head Scientist of Gene Research