7

The old wooden house remained still as Roger leaned on the piano that Jack played. Jack was practicing the song he wrote for Ralph. The sound bounced around the room and back into their eardrums. When he made mistakes, he'd rewind and play the part again fast so that he could keep up with his mental music video.

"This is a nice song," said Roger.

Jack smiled, "Of course it is."

Roger walked closer to Jack. "Who is it for?"

Jack looked at the ivory with sparkly blue eyes. "It's for... It's for Ralph, of course."

Roger was right in front of Jack, looking at him deliriously. "Are you sure?"

Roger took Jack's head and kissed him hungrily. Jack panicked as his eyes widened. When Roger stopped, Jack worked his mouth, grinding his teeth and eating at his lips and inner cheeks.

Jack wanted to lash out, but he knew what Ralph would say when he started yelling. Jack dug his fingernails into his palms.

Roger stayed in front of Jack, still looking at him in a frighteningly sure face. Jack kept his own eyes focused on the floor.

"Roger," he murmured.

"Yes, Chief?"

Jack felt his stomach twist.

"You know I belong to Ralph."

Roger smiled a sick smile, "You don't have to. Ralph pulls you down. You don't need chains keeping you grounded. You could fly, but Ralph won't let you."

Jack managed to keep his anger under control, "You'll never understand me like Ralph does."

The men stayed quiet for a moment.

"Yell at me," Roger said flatly.

Jack's face went red, "But Ral-"

"You know you want to. You want to tell me what to do, but Ralph is holding you down. Don't let him keep you down. I can free you."

Jack took a deep breath and stood up, "Whatever you say, I won't stop loving Ralph. He's mine, and I'm his. End of story."

As Jack left the room, Roger spoke.

"Whatever you say, Chief."

Jack wanted to say something, but... he knew he shouldn't. He doesn't want to act like his old self.

A/N: At last, I updated Choir Island after 3 months. I'm actually taking this a different route that I planned before, but I think this would be much better

also sorry for short chapter I'm so tired